It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2008, 03:40 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

glowing4 HB User
Front tooth sensitive long after root canal

My front tooth had a root canal a year ago. At times it feels sensitive, but that will usually only last a day or two. This past week it is very sensitive and lasting for a much longer time. The dentist could not see any sign of infection. I do have sinus problems all the time and he thought it could be that, but the other front tooth is not sensitive like this one is. I get mild pain when I touch it with my tongue or along the gum line, I can feel it when applying lipstick, some sensitivity to cold, gum above it will hurt from the tooth up to the top of my mouth.

Any thoughts or anyone ever experienced this a year past a root canal? I have had teeth that needed to be retreated in the past, but does this sound like that is warranted?

Thanks, glowing4

Old 09-02-2008, 11:33 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB User
Re: Front tooth sensitive long after root canal

I had an upper front tooth that had a root canal done when I was 11 years old that always seemed more sensitive than the front tooth next to it - and every once in a while I would get a twinge of pain like an electrical shock go right through it - I never new why and never had it looked it at and eventually in my 30's it just loosened up and I had it replaced with an implant.

If you haven't seen an endodontist you may want to make an appt with one and let them check the tooth - it could be due to a bit of infection in the root tip (which can abutt the sinus cavity) or a hairline fracture in the tooth itself.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread