It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2008, 02:36 PM   #1
(female)

anneh HB Useranneh HB User
raised area inside cheek

I was told by my hygienist a few months ago that I have a raised area inside my cheek on one side. Once she pointed it out I could feel it with my tongue. She told me next time I go back (next week) they can test it. In the meantime I had returned to another dentist regarding a crown he put in and I asked him about it and he said it certainly didn't look cancerous and not to worry. Anyway, I will be having it checked this week but in the meantime having terrible anxiety attacks. Could someone please tell me if it could just be something innocent and not necessarily a cancer? I am so scared. I can't see it myself but it seems to be down by lower molar in cheek and a little way up inside cheek. I know i have not bitten the area. I have stopped all spices that could irritate it altho I never feel anything there but one time I did think it tingled after eating a banana so I temporarily stopped eating fresh fruit. Thanks for any good info to get me thru to Wednesday without more panic.
anneh

Old 09-06-2008, 03:28 PM   #2
(male)

eLp619 HB User
Re: raised area inside cheek

Sounds to me like it could be those things I can only describe as a white tongue pimple. And of course, till I got to the end of your post, I was gonna say maybe you have bitten it. But if you are positive you didn't I don't know what else to say. Please do post back to let everyone know!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread