It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2008, 01:55 PM   #1
(male)

Let It Bleed HB User
Overbite, lower incisiors and bonding

My main question is, can the metal train track type of braces be applied to bonded teeth and still adjust them sufficiently or will placing the bonding make them more likely to fail? I have an overbite that occludes my lower teeth but is very shallow in depth. The four lower incisors have been abrased down to the yellow dentin, and one is broken in half. I visited a dentist for the first time in years, who after debridement and three unrelated fillings, recommends 20K in dental work that includes crowning all my lower teeth and most of my top to "open my bite" then working on the front. I cannot afford this and told her we need to find a more sensible solution, to which she told me I should return to her office when I could afford it and that was a rap. I want to bond the lower teeth to provide as a temporary aesthetic solution as I have a complex about this and then be referred to a orthodontist for a real solution to my problem. I know without the actual bite corrected the bonding while just chip away faster than my real teeth did. This is also a much more economical solution for me. Should I be unhappy with my bonded lower incisors then perhaps I will return to get only the four incisors crowned. I see no sense in unnecessarily crowning several perfectly healthy and usable teeth.

Last edited by Let It Bleed; 10-26-2008 at 01:57 PM.

Old 10-26-2008, 04:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB User
Re: Overbite, lower incisiors and bonding

I would agree with you but why not take it a step further and see an ortho to find out what your options are, if the bonding would hold, if invisiline braces might be right for you (maybe less wear and tear on the bonding?), or even if braces are the right solution. If metal braces will be used its possible you won't see the teeth as much so it may not really matter as much and it may be better to wait until the bite is first corrected to have them bonded - so find out your options first. I don't like the idea of of crowning perfectly good teeth either - it permanatley destroys their structure which potentially results in the need for root canals - plus crowns can often result bone loss over time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2008, 11:52 AM   #3
(male)

synergy39 HB User
Re: Overbite, lower incisiors and bonding

Hey "let it bleed" I'm posting to this thread because the thread about Erythromycin Ophth has been closed. I'm experiencing blurred vision and I haven't used the medication in about 5 days. Did your eye get better and did the blurriness get better. Any info would be great. Cheers!

Closed Thread