It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2008, 03:44 PM   #1
(male)

Joeya84 HB User
what to do if your dentist messed up your mouth

what to do if your dentist messed up your mouth. I needed allot of dental work done because i had not been to the dentist in about 5 years. He did a few fillings for me and all the ones he did are so extremely sensitive to hot,cold and pressure. they are also chipping off and feel really ruff. I cant eat or drink with out being in extreme pain. I am afraid to go back to him to have him try to fix it. can I go some where else and get it fixed and just get my money back?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2008, 09:11 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB User
Re: what to do if your dentist messed up your mouth

Well although I understand your hesitance about returning to the same dentist you really should give him an opportunity to correct what he has done at no charge to you. However you may want to contact the dental board in your area for your state or county and see what they have to say about this - if there are other complaints about him, etc. Most times dentists do not offer refunds even for shoddy work but some do try and correct it - if all else fails you may have to sue him in small claims court to recover what he charged you - but you would also need the support of another dentist to support your claim of negligence.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2008, 02:24 PM   #3
(female)

bocmember01 HB User
Re: what to do if your dentist messed up your mouth

If your fillings were large and deep due to extensive decay then a period of sensitivity wouldn't be unexpected. If the fillings are in hyperocclusion then some occlusal adjustment is indicated. You need to return to your dentist to followup on the treatment. If you lack confidence in your dentist you can always choose to go to a different dentist, but you would incur additional cost. Characterizing your dentist's treatment as "messing up" your mouth won't justify a refund. You'll need to prove the treatment was substandard.

Closed Thread