It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2009, 12:49 PM   #1
(male)

KDT HB User
pain in teeth, but shows no cavity

I have got a strong pain in several tooth, wich starts when i ''crunch?'' my teeth, or drink/eat something like ice. this pain has been there for over a year. a dentist told us that this might be a infection, but out of experience of my family we dotn believe this since it doesnt hurt all the time. also, I have been to 4 dentists who all said something different:
1st: infection
2th: cavity
3th: infection
4th: rememer tooth? : i dont know how you call it, but its the teeth you get at the back of each row of teeth who are mostly pulled out.

Old 03-01-2009, 05:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB User
Re: pain in teeth, but shows no cavity

An infection or cavity should be visible on an xray or image if one was taken which should help in determining if either is the casue - and after a year, the pain or other symtpoms should have progressed by now if it was indeed either one of these. But if the pain occurs along several teeth and primarily only when you are chewing and/or when the teeth make contact it could be due to wisdom teeth erupting or trying to - and in turn they are pushing or crowding your other teeth which would result in the pain or pressure like feeling you feel only when the teeth make contact. If the teeth that are experiencing the pain have had any prior work done to them such as a filling or crown - it could be the teeth were left too high as well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread