It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2009, 09:57 AM   #1
(female)

amyg1980 HB User
Pressure and pain in my ears after having wisdom teeth extracted

I had three wisdom teeth extracted Thursday, It has been 5 days and I have a good bit of pressure in my jaw and ears. I hear that dry socket is VERY painful so I don't think I have that. Is this pressure in the ears normal? and how long will it take for me to be out of the woods as far as dry socket?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2009, 07:24 PM   #2
(male)

alanparker05 HB User
Re: Pressure and pain in my ears after having wisdom teeth extracted

I had same problem with left wisdom tooth, i had jaw pain, a painfull feeling of pressure in left ear and a clicking sound when opening mouth and just general headaches, after tooth was removed it started to ease but anytime i eat food gets stuck in socket and pain starts again, all i can recommend is fill the sockets with chewing gum before eating to seal and block anything from damaging new gum growth, then remove and rinse, it should take about 3 months to heal.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2009, 06:59 AM   #3
(male)

Stribe HB User

I would agree with flushing out the socket after every time you eat, but avoid the gum...its worse than the food. Healing should take 2-3 weeks, not months

Old 03-09-2009, 08:45 AM   #4
(male)

alanparker05 HB User

Even my dentist agree's the gum is a good idea, the tooth had a massive cavity and i put the gum in to ease the pain, and a week after it was removed i started again, on the checkup he put some gauze with something with an aniseed taste and slight burning sensation in the socket to seal it, when i told him about gum he agreed as long as it's just when eating to stop any sharp food damaging any new growth.

Closed Thread