It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2009, 10:53 PM   #1
(female)

kelshar HB User
numb tongue

hi - i cracked tooth #5 and had it removed monday 3/9 - it was just dreadful - i was told it was cracked up to the root and it took quite a bit of work to get it out - of course i was numb but it was pretty difficult for me --- question: the top of my tongue is numb and i have very decreased sense of taste - my right upper cheek and part of the right side of my nose are numb as well -- i'm counting on the cheek and nose due to swelling (but there's not alot of swelling left) - i have a crooked smile - anyway, just wanted to check and see if any of you have had similar issues after extractions - thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2009, 06:04 AM   #2
(female)

dragonfly57 HB User
Re: numb tongue

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelshar View Post
hi - i cracked tooth #5 and had it removed monday 3/9 - it was just dreadful - i was told it was cracked up to the root and it took quite a bit of work to get it out - of course i was numb but it was pretty difficult for me --- question: the top of my tongue is numb and i have very decreased sense of taste - my right upper cheek and part of the right side of my nose are numb as well -- i'm counting on the cheek and nose due to swelling (but there's not alot of swelling left) - i have a crooked smile - anyway, just wanted to check and see if any of you have had similar issues after extractions - thank you!
I have had a numb tongue with no dental work. The doctors don't have a reason for it, but was told that it was a common problem after dental work.

Disabled
A lot of diagnoses
Only by the grace of God do I keep on going

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread