It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2009, 03:26 AM   #1
(female)

Shizuko87 HB User
Major dental problems and worried.

I have been having major dental problems for a while now, I haven't really had insurance to get anything taken care of, nor have had the money. I need many root canals done and two of my teeth have no enamel on them.

I already had two pulled when I was on my dads insurance but once I turned 18 his insurance kicked me off. A dentist I had in FL told me I have really weak enamel and have to go in for cleanings more often than most people. I had no luck with jobs at the time so I had no money for cleanings and my dad wouldn't pay for it.

Due to family problems my mom and I moved to NY with my grandparents, and I got Medicaid, after some family problems with my grandparents I was in a shelter, and most all the dentists where I was staying did not take Medicaid. The dentists that the people at the shelter told me about who once did take it stopped. I found one dentist who did, but she was a awful dentist, she was not gentle and she was uncaring and also used rusty looking tools.

She did some fillings and the two teeth that have no enamel on them I wanted pulled because they really really hurt, they are my canine teeth. She said she can't because it would cause problems and she was to afraid because I have really long roots. She told me I had an infection and need it to get it taken care of and said if I don't I could get blood poisoning. I don't even really know how long I had the infection for...

I now live with my fiancé who payed for me to move in with him in Washington state, I have been trying to get a job for 7 months with no luck, he is worried about the infection and has been really stressing about it but he doesn't really make enough to get anything taken care of. I am trying to get into a dental van which does free dental work but they are having a hard time because most of the places the dental van is going to be is booked up.

I am really scared for the infection to get much worse, and then I get blood poisoning and end up dying...=( My mom lives with my grandparents and really doesn't have the money, and my dad isn't the type of person to give money and he knows how bad my teeth are.

I live in King County of Washington State, does anyone know about Medicaid here? Is it any good? Any dentists that actually take it? Does anyone know of maybe some free dental clinics or low cost dental clinics? I have a hard time finding any.. I am afraid the medicaid here will be just as bad it was in NY and find out most of the dentists around here won't take it..

I am just thinking of getting all the teeth that have problems pulled...root canals can cost a lot...but I think it's 100-200 per tooth to be pulled, I really don't want to do that because I have really low self esteem problems and have a hard time being around people because of the teeth I already had pulled but yet I don't want to die from blood poisoning..=(

Sorry if this is long but thanks for reading..

Last edited by Shizuko87; 03-13-2009 at 03:28 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2009, 08:52 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

tjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB User
Re: Major dental problems and worried.

You may want to see if there are any local dental schools that offer reduced price dental work in exchange for being worked on by dental students under faculty supervision.

Old 03-13-2009, 04:02 PM   #3
(female)

Shizuko87 HB User

Yeah, we were thinking about that but we really don't know if we can even afford that, my fiance if he is lucky only makes almost $600 a month, he works partime but lately they have been cutting his hours, he is starting to get more days off than he works and with me having a hard time finding a job, we really need the money for things like food.

I know the dental school in seattle which is the only one I can find doesn't have payment plans and no sliding scale fee.

Last edited by Shizuko87; 03-13-2009 at 04:04 PM.

Old 03-14-2009, 10:54 AM   #4
(male)

Stribe HB User

If you are on Medicaid, the school will still ask you to pay up front, but they can help you with the paperwork to have medicaid pay you back. I would call and ask about that.

Otherwise, contact your local dental society, they will have information on free dental clinics or medicaid clinics in the area.

Closed Thread