It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2009, 09:41 AM   #1
(female)

awfulteeth HB User
what does tartar on teeth look like?

what does tartar on teeth looklike i have been recieving treatment for gum disease but two months later there still appears to be brown arond certain spots including a slightly exposed root i have been using interdental brushes and mouth wash as recommended there is no longer any bleeding i am due to go back in a fortnight am i still not cleanig properly or what?

Old 03-27-2009, 03:49 AM   #2
(female)

kels0311 HB User
Re: what does tartar on teeth looklike

Tartar on ur teeth will look almost like a wall of white (or yellow if u smoke) along the margins of ur teeth & gingiva.....if u have been receiving dental treatmnt for this then it shud be away, however the teeth may still be stained and this is wer the brown comes from, also dependant on how long the tartar was ther for the gums may have receeded and this is why it looks like u have an "exposed" area....

Hope this helps

[On future post please spell out your words. Write "you" for "u" and "your" for "ur" etc. For more information about this, please click the "Posting Policy" above. Thanks - Well-come Moderator.]

Last edited by Well-come; 03-27-2009 at 07:26 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2009, 12:50 PM   #3
(female)

awfulteeth HB User
Re: what does tartar on teeth looklike

thanks hope its all working not a smoker anymore so it should not be that any ideas if much can be done with the gaps formed or horrible shape left by exposed roots

Old 03-28-2009, 03:30 AM   #4
(female)

kels0311 HB User
Re: what does tartar on teeth look like?

'm sure it will be working fine, i [removed] have seen a few mouths i am sure will be worse than yours, main thing is you are working on gettin it better

If you have gaps from teeth being taken out speak to your dentist about a bridge either fixed or resin retained, or a crown, obv the most expensive would be an implant! With regards to the receeding gums, getting some resin buccaly on the tooth may help, your dentist will shape it to mke it like your natural tooth, this is most beneficial if the exposed area is at the front of the the tooth (ie towards your lips)

Speak to your dentist because there ar so many thing that can be done these days to give i a sparkling smile

Hope this helps -x-

[Per the board guidelines, do not mention your professional title. For more details about this, please click the "Posting Policy" above. Thanks - Well-come Moderator.]

Last edited by Well-come; 03-30-2009 at 08:35 AM.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:43 PM   #5
(female)

awfulteeth HB User
Re: what does tartar on teeth look like?

thanks for your help i go back on the 18th to see how things have worked

Closed Thread