It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2009, 05:22 PM   #1
(female)

elmosmommy HB User
Lip swollen and full of pus

my grandson is 5 and had quite a bit of dental work done 2 days ago and chewed his lip when it was frozen. Yesterday his lip had some pus and my son took him to a dr who put him on antibiotics. today his lip looks worse, do I just wait and see if the antibiotics kick in by tomorrow ? what if they dont ? is there any kind of hot compress or cold compress that could help ? I am new to this list so hope I am doing this right

Old 05-07-2009, 07:20 PM   #2
(female)

ck42ck1 HB User
Re: Lip swollen and full of pus

Hello,

Sorry that your grandson is having so much trouble. I would suggest going back to the dentist that did the intial work and letting him/her see what exactly is going on. Don't wait if you call and say it is an emergency they will more than likely take him in right away. I wish you and he well. Best of luck to you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2009, 06:38 PM   #3
(female)

bocmember01 HB User

Most dentists will caution the parent about lip/cheek/tongue biting when a young child has been given local anesthetic for treatment. If the swelling is from biting then it should resolve fairly quickly.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:00 PM   #4
(female)

elmosmommy HB User

Thanks. He has been taken back to the Dr and also to the dentist that did the work and all they can say is that the antibiotics should kick in soon. The poor guy can hardly eat anything. I am many miles away from where they live, but it could be an allergy to the drug they used. I had that happen after dental work and caused my whole mouth to be full of sores. He also has pus sores in his mouth. They cant drain the pus because it is on the inside so lancing it cant be done. I cant remember how long it took for my mouth to heal. The really sad thing is he has to go for more dental work at the end of the month.

Closed Thread