It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2009, 12:04 PM   #1
(female)

lookieaforum HB User
Question Help! Possible nerve damage?

Ok, I have a bit of a problem, bare with me while I go into extreme mind numbingly boring detail in the hopes that someone can help. For the past year I have had a large cavity in my tooth in the top row a couple of teeth away from the front. It was pretty big but it didnít hurt and wasnít visible from the front, so since I hate the dentist with a fiery passion I let it get worse and worse until one night it was suddenly unbelievably painful. I couldnít sleep, eat or focus on anything it was so painful. I went to the emergency dentist at my local hospital. I think he removed the nerves and he gave me a temporary filling. Having just lost the majority of the tooth I figured I better get myself a dentist. After allot of phone calls I managed to find an NHS dentist that had space for me and I attended my first appointment to get x-rayed and all that jazz.
Now this is where the story gets funky. Now Iím not a dentist obviously but to me the x-rays looked like you know, normal teeth. And Iíd never had any pain in my teeth before. However the dentist decided I needed like allot of fillings in all my back teeth. Iíve taken care of my teeth, brushed twice a day and all that stuff. But hay, sheís a dentist, she must know what sheís talking about right?
Now the whole reason I went to the dentist was to get a proper long term filling in my tooth to replace the temp. To this day after four sessions and ten fillings I still havenít had this done. The temporary filling is completely gone but she still just keeps messing with teeth that Iíve never had a problem with before. And guess what? Now all the teeth top and bottom on the right side of my face and my jaw hurt constantly. Iím talking all the time, Iím living on pain killers.

I also have a fear that she has given me nerve damage on the right side of my face. About a month and a half ago she drilled and filled the teeth at the back on the bottom row on the right side. When she injected me it was incredibly painful, when I mention to her that it hurt so much more that the other injections she had given me she said that it was easier in the bottom row to inject the anaesthetic directly into the nerve. Is this right? Surely this would damage the nerve? Iím afraid to go back in case she does more damage but I canít find another dentist who can talk to me and help me find out what sheís done to me. I donít even think I needed any of the fillings sheís given me. Can anyone advice me on what I can do. Is pain lasting this long normal? And how can I tell if I do in fact have nerve damage in my face?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread