It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2009, 03:04 PM   #1
(female)

Shizuko87 HB User
Need 6 teeth pulled but don't want to do it.

I was supposed to get 6 teeth pulled today because of an infection but refused when they told me that my two canine teeth that were going to be pulled would make my lip sag in. I am only 21 and don't need to look like an old lady. I also can't afford replacement teeth. I don't think I could even afford partial dentures. I have no luck finding a job, no insurance and my fiancé doesn't make very much. I also heard that pulling the molars can also have an effect on facial features..

They said they might be able to be fixed with root canals, so I rather try to do that then to have 6 teeth pulled. They were going to be pulled at a dental van that does free work, so they can't do root canals. I rather die from the infection than to look like an old lady at 21 =( So I will try to do anything to get root canals...

I already hate my looks and don't need anything else to make my self-esteem worse. I don't need people mistaking me for someone older.. Because I refused to get them pulled, they want me to see a mental doctor which I refuse to see, I don't need one and I think anyone who is young like me who has to go through such would be feeling the same way..

I live in WA state and was wondering for those who have Medicaid if that covers root canals or is there any program that could help? Any dental schools that will do root canals at a low cost?

Any help would be great, thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2009, 12:48 PM   #2
(female)

Kasianni HB User
Re: Need 6 teeth pulled but don't want to do it.

Okay, first, you would not rather die then treat this problem. Step outside the box,for a moment and think. There is always a solution to everything. Everything!
Since you have internet, do some research. There has to be a dentist somewhere that can help you. Find him. Call the schools, sometimes they will do the work for free! Look for them. You need to treat your infections with antibiotics now. I too have a back molar right now that is infected and have been on antibiotics for 3 weeks. Its bad, it hurts and I am pulling this tooth, I don't care. I had to pull some teeth too, I freaked out, but I did it, I have a partial and its nice and no one knows. You are young, you can get help but you have to look for it. An infection untreated can affect your heart and do a lot of damage. Please get some antibiotics and start there. Next find a dentist that will help you. Good luck. I really think you can find what you need if you try.

Old 06-02-2009, 01:22 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

luvtocamp HB Userluvtocamp HB User

I feel bad for your situation. Get on the antibiotics. It would be awhile before you'd look like an old lady, if you did get them pulled. Try to call around to dentist and find out if they take cases like yours. or try calling schools. I don't believe medicaid will payfor root canals.

There is also maybe an affordable dentures by you and they are pretty cheap. the most expensive part is getting them pulled, then beg and borrow the money for a partial, get a job and save up for implants.

This is not the end of the world, but being in pain and having the infection spread is not good.

I really wish you could find a dentist that would care and allow you to make tiny payments but they are hard to come by.

their motto" save your teeth at all costs" well not everyone makes the money they do.

Old 08-07-2009, 02:56 PM   #4
(female)

Mary McCormick HB User

What kind of a partial denture did you get? I am having to make that decision now. three back upper teeth pulled out

Old 08-12-2009, 02:36 AM   #5
(male)

timpa HB User

I'm getting all my teeth pulled out medicaid is paying for that, the OS pulling them takes the medicaid card here in PA. But he charged me for the first visit $50, at any rate I paid that now it's $3 copay per tooth he pulls. He will charge medicaid for pulling them, and cut lots of corners but it's working out.

As far is your state I'm not sure, but in PA they will pay for any work that must be done. Tip if you got a infection they will pay it, find a dentist that knows how to bill it so they pay it. Here they also pay for dentures as well, so they will be paying for them for me as soon as my gums heal right.

Also there are places most likely a hospital, that will do the work at a cost by how much money you make. Or if you make to little free even, * Disallowed website link removed by hb-mod, moderator *

Last edited by hb-mod; 08-12-2009 at 03:22 AM. Reason: Please don't post disallowed links as per Posting Policy. Thanks.

Closed Thread