It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2009, 02:48 AM   #1
(male)

Andrekop HB User
Talking Dental Tourism

The dental tourism industry seems to be on the up in the UK with 1000's of UK residents traveling abroad for dental treatment that they either can not afford in the UK and treatment that simply isn't available on the NHS. Having researched this topic over a number of months it became quite clear that many clinics/organisations offered a 'cheaper' alternative rather than a 'quality' alternative. I subsequently found a dental clinic in Dusseldorf, Germany which not only offered me the quality service that I needed (and it was a little cheaper than the UK) but gave me the confidence I needed. They even picked me up in their company limousine!!!

I was interested in anyone's thoughts on the topic.
If anyone would like more information on this clinic please contact me.

Old 06-03-2009, 05:29 AM   #2
(female)

AThena53 HB UserAThena53 HB User
Re: Dental Tourism

I ended up an "accidental dental tourist" a few years ago. A tooth that had been bothering me on and off for a few months got unbearable the night after we landed in Budapest- it may be the change in air pressure from the flight made it worse. It was a weekend, of course. I threw myself on the mercy of the young concierge at the Hilton where we were staying, who called and found a clinic, put us in a cab and told the driver where to go, and we ended up in a spotless clinic in the shopping district.

The tooth had already been root-canalled and there was an abscess at the root. (This was the first place I'd ever had a panoramic X-ray.) All they could do was extract it. DH asked me if I wanted to go back to our room afterwards to recover and I said heck, no. We were back out on the street shortly after, although I had yogurt for lunch and risotto for dinner. Total for the extraction and X-ray: $78. The next morning I gave the nice young concierge a generous tip.

Last edited by AThena53; 06-03-2009 at 05:30 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2009, 05:18 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

sedulous HB User

I'm about to go to the opposite coast this summer for some dental work. I found a dental practice in Seattle that does an unusual treatment protocol for gum disease. Not covered by insurance, but the full mouth charge is only slightly higher than the bone graft I paid for one tooth- which insurance also decided not to cover. I've never been to the Pacific Northwest, so I'm making a bit of a vacation of it.

Old 06-16-2009, 03:05 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

charles192 HB User

at sixty years old, my mouth was falling apart too !! and fixing everything over here is too expensive... so, as Restless06 said, i did some research and ended up going to Morocco, a country my wife always wanted to visit! one stone, two birds, holidays and teeth done, for one third of the price proposed in the us ! we had an amazing time in Casablanca. We also got to discover Marrakech.. beautiful. As for my mouth i was taken care of by a dentist called Dr.Bennis Amal ... very professional, and took care of us since our arrival to our departure! She took care of all the travel arrangements, so helpful.
I had implants, so now i am not worrying about any dentures or anything, amazing job ! , i recommend her.
good luck everyone !

Last edited by moderator2; 06-16-2009 at 03:37 PM. Reason: posted contact info - please read the posting rules

Old 02-13-2010, 02:59 PM   #5
(male)

zakuro HB User

Could you please tell me more about the clinic that you visited? : )

Old 02-15-2010, 03:56 AM   #6
(male)

Andrekop HB User

Hi there...the clinic I used was Dentist Abroad Germany based in Dusseldorf. <edited>

Good Luck

Last edited by mod-anon; 02-15-2010 at 06:16 AM. Reason: Please read the posting rules

Closed Thread