It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2009, 07:04 PM   #1
(male)

Bluesky0090 HB User
Teeth drilling problem

Hi,

I got my tooth drilled about 4 or 5 months ago. However, I have had problems with the procedure since.

I began going to this new dentist when I moved to a new city. However, from the start, he was pretty sketchy. He would multitask patients, and not focus on one at a time. Also, when he made claim that I did have a cavity, he simply made it off of an xray, and didn't even really at all prob my mouth.

I got my tooth drilled in the end. When I was called later to ask if my tooth was ok and normal, I said it was fine. I felt weird about it though, but I always do after getting my teeth drilled so I didn't pay much attention to it.

I also never really examined the tooth with my tongue that much until recently. I notice that he basically drilled my whole tooth (which I don't think was required from the claim he made about where the cavity was). He also didn't fill it in that much, and now my mouth feels very uneven.

I can feel the bottom of all my other teeth (drilled or not), but the one he drilled takes an effort to feel towards the bottom. Its almost like a big valley now.

Long of the short, I am tired of how that guy treats me there and am going to see another dentist and will bring up my concerns to that other dentist. H

However, is there anything that new dentist could do for me to make my tooth feel like the rest? Would they be able to fill it in more than the previous dentist did? Thanks for any help, because this both pisses me off (since I have always like dentist until this guy) and concerns me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2009, 11:19 PM   #2
(male)

Bluesky0090 HB User
Re: Teeth drilling problem

Bump. PLEASE, SOMEONE HELP ME. ITS BOTHERING ME.

Old 06-10-2009, 05:08 AM   #3
(female)

AThena53 HB UserAThena53 HB User

They all multi-task now- why should they twiddle their thumbs while waiting for your novocain to start working when they can go review someone's X-ray? I really like my dentist and he does that, so don't consider it a minus.

You'll only find out if the new dentist can help by consulting one. Make sure the former dentist sends you your X-rays so you can bring them with you. No matter what crap they give you when you try to request them, they're your property.

Old 06-11-2009, 05:47 AM   #4
(male)

Bluesky0090 HB User

No, HE LEFT IN THE MIDDLE OF DRILLING MY TEETH. Not when the novacane was still kicking in. And left for a good 5 minutes while my teeth just sat their so he could go work on someone else.

I found that highly inappropriate and also rude. On my last visit, I wasn't even able to see him after my cleaning because his time management is so **** poor. He is probably the worst dentist I have ever had and believe he has managed to ruin my teeth. I was always asked by every dentist I have had that "wow, did you have braces" and I never did. I believe he is an ******* and ruined my teeth now, because now that whole side is hard to floss, the teeth he drilled bulges out way more than it used to, and now some front tooth on that side is now crooked.

Old 06-12-2009, 05:28 AM   #5
(male)

Stribe HB User

Bluesky,

To answer your original question, yes. If your teeth feel bulky or hard to floss, that can be fixed, fairly easily too. And yes, if a tooth does not feel filled in, that can be adjusted too.

With cavities in between teeth (where floss goes), sometimes the ONLY way to see them is with an xray. It is entirely possible you had a cavity that was not visible otherwise.

There are bad dentists, just like there are bad people in every profession. However, I will still claim a large majority of dentists are genuinely out there to help people. The trick is just to find the right one for you. Go to several for different opinions until you find one you are completely comfortable with. Finding a good dentist is just like dating, its all about the relationship and trust.

Closed Thread