It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2009, 02:03 AM   #1
(female)

Wannabemama HB User
Question What is this little clear bubble?

Hi everyone.

For the last week or two i have had this tiny little clear looking bubble on the inside of my lower lip. For a while I could feel it but I thought it was just a canker sore and would go away, never looked at it. Then I realized one day that this thing had been there longer than a normal canker sore is so i looked at it and this is what I found. I noticed it last week and since then i have managed to scratch it away 3 times but it always comes back in the same place. I don't notice or taste any drainage when it comes off and it doesn't hurt. The size always seems to be the same at perhaps the size of a thin marker tip (it's pretty small). I tried to figure out what this was by looking online and the only thing that seems possible is a mucocele but all the other possibilities are freaking me out. The mucocele might make since cause I seem to recall biting my lip pretty hard a while back. Does anyone know what this could be? Is it a mucocele? I can't find anywhere that says that mucocele go away and come back. There are no other sores in my mouth that I can see. Help please. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2009, 08:46 PM   #2
(female)

MissS2 HB User
Re: What is this little clear bubble?

I actually have something very similar. It is also a clear-like bubble on the inside of my lower lip. I have had this for a little over a month though, but I have also seen the dentist who said that it was probably a "mucous seal" which is basically a blocked salivary gland (as that gland produces saliva, it has nowhere to go and forms that annoying little bubble). However, when this bubble pops, I get a sort of viscous red-clearish fluid that comes out. It then shows up again... and agan...

Apparently this sort of thing has to be surgically removed, so he sent me to an oral surgeon who basically confirmed what my dentist said. However, my dental converage for the year has ran out, so I won't be getting it removed until next year (along with my wisdom teeth- that'll be a fun week- haha!). My oral surgeon basically said that it most likely will not go away on its own- so it will eventually have to be surgically removed.

If you can, visit your dentist to get it looked over. The fact thatyours doesn't have any drainage is something that is different than my situation.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread