It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2009, 06:07 AM   #1
(female)

mand p HB User
Husband had teeth removed..

Hi all...great forum!!
I just need some advice for my husband.

He had all of his teeth removed on Wednesday and has been in constant pain since. I called the emergency doctor out the night before last and he gave him some strong painkillers (Driconal and anti inflamatory) which reduced the pain but has not got rid of it. Last night he was awake all night in pain. It has finally subsided a bit, enough for him to sleep. He can't eat and is only managing to drink water and warm coffee. He tried fruit juice but that set him off again. He is rincing with salt water several times a day but that is quite painful too. He was sent home with immediate dentures, had to take them out friday night to clean them but now they don't fit back in...they keep falling out. Has anyone got any advice for my poor man...I can't bear to see him in so much pain??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2009, 05:05 AM   #2
(male)

timpa HB User
Re: Husband had teeth removed..

From my under standing having lots of pain afterwards, is not normal at all it should be getting less and less. I'm not sure what kind of pain killers they give him, but if they are not working he should go back to get stronger ones.

If it was me I would go back to the dentist, get it checked out and ask for some pain killers that will work. I got lortab 10/500 ( Hydrocodone 10 plus APAP 500 ), I got 50 of them and can take them every 4 to 6 hours as needed.

They work pretty good but I really didn't need them much, so he needs to get pain killers that work. He also needs to get checked to make sure, everything is ok with has gums or he don't have dry socket. If he got dry socket he would be in very bad pain like your saying, and if the dentist see that they can help, and give him some strong pain killers.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread