It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2012, 10:51 AM   #16
(female)

Jlynndar HB User
Thumbs up Re: Please help: big decisions & LANAP results from anyone who has had it??

I had my 1st side done 4 days ago. I thought it was very painful. Anesthesia wore off a few times while they were working on me. Didn't have a lot of bleeding after. Not much swelling. My palate still hurts from needles/shots. Can only take ibuprofen & acetaminophen for pain,allergic to codeine. Rinse w/ peridex am & pm. Also rinse with warm salt water every 3hrs. Can only brush teeth on non treated side. The "bandaid"as they call it,looks totally gross,but cannot touch in any way!!!!! Liquid diet for 3 day's then "mushy" diet til my next side is done on Feb. 7th. Hope all works as it should. Will post as I progress.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jlynndar For This Useful Post:
Goingnuttz (02-03-2012)
Old 02-03-2012, 09:29 PM   #17
(male)

Goingnuttz HB User
Re: Please help: big decisions & LANAP results from anyone who has had it??

I hope you are feeling better . Thank you for your response it is so comforting to know that thee are others out there who share my same problems. I have just had six deep cleaning
All in the span of a week and a half. Painful but glad its over. from here I am considering Lanap. Please keep everyone posted on your recovery. You have no idea how helpful this is. It's so hard to get anyone to talk to on the long term recovery. Anyone out there wh has hadd this done please comment we all could use some advice. Please take the time to comment about the procedure.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2012, 09:17 AM   #18
(female)

Jlynndar HB User

I neglected to tell u that I am also on a 2week course of antibiotics,doxycycline. Can't take others,like penicillin,amoxicillin & erytabs. Make sure to take multivitamins,if u don't already. Mine also have minerals also. Follow the food rules!! I was so happy on day 4 when I could start eating mashed potatoes &gravy,cottage cheese,scrambled eggs. No meat,miss the meat!!! Have already lost a couple of pounds. The ice cream is the best. Don't have to worry about hot/cold. I'm glad I'm able to help Goingnuttz. Thanks for the well wishes,it's greatly appreciated!!!!! I'll keep posting,it's nice to be able to talk about it. I'm here if u have any questions.

Old 02-05-2012, 07:30 AM   #19
(male)

Goingnuttz HB User

Jlynndar
I am Glad to be able to talk to someone that can relate to my dental issues. I have had six sessions of deep cleaning and scaling. my gums feel and look better. My gums no longer bleed when I brush, I know I have a long journey ahead. I have my next appointment in three weeks do some finishing touch ups on what was missed of my deep cleaning. Hang in there, I wish you all the best. Please keep us posted on your recovery. I am curious of the long term results. I wish others would post about about it. Thank you for taking the time. Good luck on the 7th.

The Following User Says Thank You to Goingnuttz For This Useful Post:
Jlynndar (02-05-2012)
Old 02-05-2012, 07:49 AM   #20
(male)

Goingnuttz HB User

Hang in there , just keep up the good health habits. Have you noticed any bone rejuvenation? Any teeth that were loose more stable after the procedure? Thank you for taking the time to post really helpful.

Old 02-05-2012, 07:57 AM   #21
(male)

Goingnuttz HB User

Hi there how are you doing? I see it's been a while since you have had your procedure can you talk about the long term results? Any bone rejuvenation? Loose teeth strengthen up? I am considering having the procedure done and am curious to see how you are doing. Any imput would be so helpful.

Old 02-10-2012, 08:06 AM   #22
(female)

Jlynndar HB User

My left side was done on Feb. 7th. Didn't hurt as bad as right side,but it was the worst. Also,left side is minus 3 teeth??!! Virtually no bleeding or swelling to deal with. Back on liquid diet for3 days,then mush again for 4 days. Go back for check-up on Feb.15th. Can't brush teeth. They gave me a teeny,soft toothbrush to be used on "bite" only,right side. The Peridex rinse has made my tongue a brownish-blue color & teeth look dirty. This is normal. After a few more follow-ups,Dr. Couri will clean my teeth!! I was told that everything is doing what it's supposed to be doing!!!! Oh, how I miss fried chicken & catfish & steak!!!!!! I'm not weighing myself til next week,but can already tell by the way my clothes fit,I've lost.

Old 02-11-2012, 09:07 AM   #23
(male)

Goingnuttz HB User

Jlynndar, I feel for you and am glad your procedure is over. Sorry to hear about the loss of 3 teeth? What happened?. Glad to hear there is not much bleeding associated with this procedure I hope it gives you the results you are looking for. I on the other hand have had 6 deep cleanings and my gums no longer bleed no does my breath smell the way it used to. I am so relieved about that my wife is certainly pleased as well. I have my next appointment mid March for another leaning and checkup, once that is done I will be able to determine the next step. I am considering bone graft or Lanap depending on what is best for me. I am hoping the cleanings will make my teeth stronger but will have to wait. My gums feel better and my teeth look better too. Imhae a long way to go. Keep posting your recovery we ate very interested. Hanford in there Jlynndar you will be eating your cat fish, fried chicken and steak soon.
Wishing you good health.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:49 AM   #24
(female)

Jlynndar HB User

I lost 2 of my molars years ago &1 wisdom tooth never came in. I chose Lanap surgery for the fact of no stitches & guaranteed to get rid of all bacteria,whereas the scraping didn't guarantee this& might have to have it done again. I had never had deep cleaning before. It's too soon to tell about any results. But I'll keep you updated. Hope all goes well with your situation & thanks for the encouragement!!!

Old 04-28-2012, 08:55 PM   #25
(male)

bigFreddo HB User

I thought I'd post on how I stopped my teeth from bleeding and how I manage gum disease. It's called the smile method (yep stupid name), search with google. It won't cure gum disease but it does manage it - in my opinion it's stopped my gum disease getting worse.

Basically it involves taking mega vitamin c - I take half a teaspoon of pure vit c each day. It also involves topically flushing the pockets that bleed with antiseptic. I use tea tree oil (diluted or it would burn) but Hydrogen peroxide is recommended. I have used this for over 10 years and my teeth haven't fallen out. I am currently looking at LANAP because i have saved a bit of money, but I would need to know that LANAP will CURE the pockets. If you don't have much money and are prepared to put in a bit of work on your teeth - then i can highly recommend the smile method.

So what are the long term benefits of LANAP anyone?

Last edited by bigFreddo; 04-28-2012 at 08:56 PM.

Closed Thread