It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2009, 03:02 PM   #1
(female)

crestgirl HB User
Angry HELP ! Veneer and grey gum all around

Hi there !

My dentist keeps on telling me that there is nothin he can do about it except for later (As Im 28 ) putting a crown on my upper and front tooth.

When I was 8, I fell on my tooth and as It was becomin grey, 10 yrs ago he put a veneer around it. Since then It has always looked imperfect, thicker than the other ( all my other teeth are white and straight) and especially my gum above it that looks dark grey.
What are the solutions ? Is he right when he says that the only solution is a crown ?
How to get rid of the grey gum ( I have a very good hygiena in my mouth ) floss... brush 3 times, etc. And on top of it recently I startin to notice a bad smell !!
I need a change !!!

MANY THX

Old 09-20-2009, 05:41 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB User
Re: HELP ! Veneer and grey gum all around

After a childhood accident one of my upper front teeth turned grey so I went to a endodontist and he did a root canal and then internally bleached the tooth by placing some bleaching agent inside of it - it took a couple of treatments before he was able to match the shade of my other teeth.

I think the grey area you are referring to is the margin or base of the tooth that is not covered by the veneer - it could be due to gum recession or that the veneer does not extend far enough up into the gum line. With crowns most dentists can fit them snuggly across the gum line, if not a bit into the gum line to hide this but if gum recession should occur its possible the grey margin will re-appear.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread