It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2009, 06:51 AM   #1
(male)

marty111 HB User
why is my tongue still numb days after dental treatment

hi i've been reading the post and think i might have a damaged nerve through the dental work i had done nearlt 2 weeks ago my tongue is still numb after the right side of my teeth got cleaned and a filling done i had the left side done 2 weeks before that and had no problem.when the right side got done the injection was sore causing me to jerk with the pain and all so as the work was getting done,even the dentist asked if i needed more novocaine but i said no as it hurt so much the first time.i phoned my gp and i was told to see the dentist again,who i still need to see,but there is no change at all since this happened.i might take the advice to sue my dentist as i agree the dentist is trained to carry these injections out without any damage being caused.

The Following User Says Thank You to marty111 For This Useful Post:
temcocasey (10-27-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-03-2009, 10:56 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB User
Re: why is my tongue still numb days after dental treatment

It does sound like he hit a nerve - hard to say whether it is just injured or damaged - but in most cases nerves can recover or regenerate but this can take several weeks to several months. To help this process along you may want to try briskly rubbing the area of your tongue that is most numb with either your finger or a soft tootbrush several times a day for several weeks - this will increase blood flow to the area and help stimulate the regeneration or recovery process of the nerve.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2009, 06:35 AM   #3
(male)

marty111 HB User

ok i will try that out and see,thanks for the advice hope it works,fingers crossed.

Old 12-15-2009, 01:35 PM   #4
(female)

britabroad HB User

Hi,

Is your tongue still numb? I had dental work done six days ago and am still numb down the right hand side of my tongue.

The dentist said it was due to a reaction to the Septocaine she gave me and today told me I have an irritated nerve. She said it would take six weeks to go away.

I just want to know that it actually will go away as I'm very worried and a little depressed about it.

It would be nice to hear some good news!

Closed Thread