It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2010, 04:45 PM   #1
(female)

mommakfit4life HB User
Question Extracted infected root canal tooth.

I had an old root canaled tooth that became infected after 20 years. I had another root canal done, but still experienced pain and problems. After antibiotics and no relief, they wanted to do another procedure similar to another root canal, but I insisted on having the tooth extracted. I thought once the tooth was out all my problems would be solved. Boy was I wrong. Ignorantly I had my local dentist extract the tooth. Since then I have nothing but problems and pain. I have been from one doctor to another, trying to figure out what is wrong with me. Recently I was told that they think I have a jaw bone infection and burning mouth syndrome. If it is jaw bone infection, it seems to have spread, since the area where the extraction was does not bother me, it is in my chin, cheeks, cheek bones, under my tongue, at the base behind of my front teeth and my tongue. Basically from my eyes down, my face hurts, with an array of pain. Monday I am going to see a biological dentist at an Integrated Health Facility in Maryland. I am so discouraged dealing with main stream dentist and doctors who have bounced me around for over a year now failing to diagnose the infection, which has been brewing for that period of time. Anyone else have similar problems with jaw infections and/or burning mouth syndrome? I could use some comraderie and encouragement. Thanks and God bless.

The following user gives a hug of support to mommakfit4life:
Suzanne Lyn (01-22-2012)
Old 01-06-2010, 03:03 PM   #2
(male)

Kentsgothope HB User
Re: Extracted infected root canal tooth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommakfit4life View Post
I had an old root canaled tooth that became infected after 20 years. I had another root canal done, but still experienced pain and problems. After antibiotics and no relief, they wanted to do another procedure similar to another root canal, but I insisted on having the tooth extracted. I thought once the tooth was out all my problems would be solved. Boy was I wrong. Ignorantly I had my local dentist extract the tooth. Since then I have nothing but problems and pain. I have been from one doctor to another, trying to figure out what is wrong with me. Recently I was told that they think I have a jaw bone infection and burning mouth syndrome. If it is jaw bone infection, it seems to have spread, since the area where the extraction was does not bother me, it is in my chin, cheeks, cheek bones, under my tongue, at the base behind of my front teeth and my tongue. Basically from my eyes down, my face hurts, with an array of pain. Monday I am going to see a biological dentist at an Integrated Health Facility in Maryland. I am so discouraged dealing with main stream dentist and doctors who have bounced me around for over a year now failing to diagnose the infection, which has been brewing for that period of time. Anyone else have similar problems with jaw infections and/or burning mouth syndrome? I could use some comraderie and encouragement. Thanks and God bless.
I have had a similar and very scary experience with a root canal and crown that I was given last July. Within a few weeks of the root canal, I developed a sore throat, but it wasn't a typical sore throat. It was only on the left side of my throat, the side where the root canal was performed. At first, i thought that it would just go away on it's own, instead it just kept getting worse. The pain got to the point where it felt like someone had just taken sand paper and rubbed the first two layers of skin off my throat. It felt raw and very painful, then the pain started to move into my left lung. I was experiencing constant bouts of diarreah and stomach upset. I had a hard time determining what to eat that would not upset my stomach and I was constantly running to the bathroom. I went to several doctors and had many tests performed from colonoscopy, endoscopy, Barrium throat swallow tests. For a while I was convinced that I had some sort of cancer. Then I went to a homeopathic doctor and they did some tests where I held a metal bar and they used a probe on my hand and based on the readings she was getting on her computer she told me that I had weakness in my left lung, that my kidneys and my liver were stressed. All the organs in my body that had the job of getting rid of toxins and poisons were overloaded. They recommended that I have the tooth with the root canal extracted and they introduced me to a dentist who I credit with saving my life. Dr Wendell Robertson out of Springville, Utah. He uses several different ozone treatments as well as injection treatments to inject vitamins and natural enzymes and ozone directly into the tissue that has become infected. After the first ozone treatment, it was like a light turned back on in my body that had been extinguished for the past 7 months. Even my wife noticed that the light had returned to my eyes again. I am still in the process of detoxification, including buying and using a juicer and juicing extensively as well as cleansing my liver and kidneys. My advice to anyone who is having dental problems is to go see Dr. Wendell Robertson. He saved my life.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2010, 03:39 PM   #3
(female)

Sincerely2 HB User
Re: Extracted infected root canal tooth.

Hello, I saw you post and wanted to let you know what happened to me a few years ago. For several years I had a gum infection of some sort with swelling and extreme pain in one area. I was scheduled to have peridontal surgery when I suddenly had to have a wisdon tooth pulled due to infection. After having my tooth pulled I began to get a lot of pain so since this was my first tooth I had ever gotten pulled I asked my husband whether that was normal. I proceeded to start extreme swelling in my jaw, tongue and throat. I thought the dentist must have done something wrong so I went to the emergency room. They gave me a shot and some antibiotics and told me to see my dentist so I did. He thought the swelling which was huge, hard and very painful was not normal so sent me to another hospital. I could hardly breath at that point. The hospital said I had swollen glands and to suck on some lemon drops. I went home and since I had not slept in three days I layed down. That was when the swelling started to close my throat. My husband didn't know what to do since I had already been to two hospitals. He started calling some oral surgeons and one said to come on down. That dentist sent me immediately to the hospital. I almost died from the infection. The hospital cut my throat and jaw and suctioned the puss out. They didn't know the cause but thought it was odd that the infection didn't respond well to antibiotics.After doing several tests I was finally told I had a actinomyces infection. It is a very rare bug that doesn't respond very well to antibiotics. I was in the hospital for 10 days and my jaw was still huge when I left the hospital. I had to take medicine for 3 months. I was told actinomyces is very difficult to diagnois and takes several days to do the test. I don't know what kind of test. That was in 1993. About 3 months after the stay in the hospital I developed trigeminal neuralgia due to the trauma. Anyway, I don't know your symptoms but you might do some research before seeing you doctor. I hope you get help. I am going to pray for you.

Closed Thread