It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2010, 07:42 PM   #1
(female)

melissaa1 HB User
problem with root canal tooth

Hi I had root canal on my very back tooth, for the past year ive had sentitvity to cold and hot and it throbs and i dont know if this has anything to do with it but when it throbs the pain shoots up the side of my face, but anyways Ive been to the dentisit they took xrays cant find nothing wrong with it plus he referred me to a endodonitist and he took xrays and cant find anything wrong it.has anyone had or have any problems with theyre tooth like mine that could help with ideas

Old 01-14-2010, 07:29 AM   #2
(male)

gregvgregv HB User
Re: problem with root canal tooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissaa1 View Post
Hi I had root canal on my very back tooth, for the past year ive had sentitvity to cold and hot and it throbs and i dont know if this has anything to do with it but when it throbs the pain shoots up the side of my face, but anyways Ive been to the dentisit they took xrays cant find nothing wrong with it plus he referred me to a endodonitist and he took xrays and cant find anything wrong it.has anyone had or have any problems with theyre tooth like mine that could help with ideas
If you had a root canal AND are still experiencing hot and col pain then there is something wrong with the root canal. A root canal kill the nerve in the tooth so you shouldnt be feeling hot or cold. 3 things could be happening.....

1- they missed part of the canal when doing the root canal and there is nerve left in the tooth and root canal needs to be redone

2- its another tooth on that side causing the problem

3- whatever side the root canal was done on (top or bottom) a tooth on the opposite side could be causing the pain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread