It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2010, 01:04 PM   #1
(female)

cme125 HB User
What can u do if you have periodontal diease with losse teeth but do not want them pu

What can u do if you have periodontal diease with losse teeth but do not want them pulled

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2010, 07:15 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB User
Re: What can u do if you have periodontal diease with losse teeth but do not want the

Hi,
It really depends on how serious the periodontal disease has become. If there is alot of bone loss all around the teeth, there really isn't too much that can be done. You could try bone grafts, but they are not that successful, can be expensive, and most people wind up with the teeth removed anyway.

Another option is they may be able to splint your teeth together. Again, this is only possible if you have enough supporting bone and teeth on either side that are secure.

The problem is that once a tooth loosens to the point you can wiggle it from side to side, it usually has too much bone loss to save. Leaving them only makes the periodontal disease spread further to other teeth along the periodontal ligament. Eventually it will get them all if you don't stop it.

I had one loose tooth in the front top. Then I ran into a plate glass door. Because I let it go for so long before this, I wound up loosing all four across the top front. That was the only thing I could do to stop the infection and bone loss from attacking more of my teeth and me eventually loosing them all.

You may have wonderful teeth, but if the bone is lost around them they will eventually come out. Treating the perio disease is of the utmost importance. Your dentist will be able to tell you the best way to do that. I encourage you to listen to him.

Hope this helps some. My very best to you,
Gellia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2010, 08:34 AM   #3
(female)

washappy HB User
Re: What can u do if you have periodontal diease with losse teeth but do not want the

Hello, I also have periodontal issues sometimes my gums will bleed and swell and my one tooth would move slightly. I am a big chicken when it comes to dentist but I do have to make an appt with them after I get some other body parts fixed LOL. Anyways I did some research for ways to improve the health of my teeth and I found something called oil pulling which I thought sounded stupid but I have been doing it for two weeks now and this dark stuff that was on my gums have almost disappeared. I'm going to keep it up for awhile and see if my gums will quit receding.

I have been doing it with sesame oil and olive oil. Research it for yourself and see if it's something you want to try. I'm "so far so happy" with the results. Hoping by the time I get to the dentist he wont have much to do

Closed Thread