It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2010, 11:19 AM   #1
(male)

kevin1986 HB User
This common after cavity fillings?

Well i just had 3 cavities filled with composite i believe(was blue in color),the dentist i went to is like the kind with the most advanced and new equipment so its very nice place. Anyway,i got 3 filled all in the same place in back of mouth. I feel a difference in like my bite or how my teeth fit together in that area. is this normal? Not a huge difference just a little different when i bite down and clench my teeth. He kept on doing it and would stop and have me bite down to try and get to how i felt before. I didnt know if this is how it is supposed to be after you get filling done or not..i get 3 more done on other side in few weeks..

Old 03-24-2010, 11:58 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

curly fry HB Usercurly fry HB Usercurly fry HB Usercurly fry HB Usercurly fry HB User
Re: This common after cavity fillings?

I'm not sure if the dentist did this by your post, but did he have you bite down on this filmy paper? That is usually to test the bite. How long ago did you get the fillings? If it was like, a couple hours ago, you may have still been swollen and the bite felt right at the dental office, but now that swelling has gone down, you can tell it is uneven, OR you are still swollen which is why you can't tell if your bite is even.

If you JUST got the fillings, I would wait till tomorrow and see how your bite feels. If you don't feel like you are biting down correctly, you can go back to the office and they can adjust it in minutes. If this has been going on for a few days, just go in to the office for adjustments.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2010, 01:19 PM   #3
(male)

kevin1986 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by curly fry View Post
I'm not sure if the dentist did this by your post, but did he have you bite down on this filmy paper? That is usually to test the bite. How long ago did you get the fillings? If it was like, a couple hours ago, you may have still been swollen and the bite felt right at the dental office, but now that swelling has gone down, you can tell it is uneven, OR you are still swollen which is why you can't tell if your bite is even.

If you JUST got the fillings, I would wait till tomorrow and see how your bite feels. If you don't feel like you are biting down correctly, you can go back to the office and they can adjust it in minutes. If this has been going on for a few days, just go in to the office for adjustments.
yeah he had me bite down and it seemed fine at moment,but as more time went on it was more annoying and 'off' and i had this done like 4 hours ago..honestly its hard to pinpoint just where it is,but something just doesnt feel right,he said it should feel same as before,but it doesnt

Last edited by kevin1986; 03-24-2010 at 03:59 PM.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:17 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

curly fry HB Usercurly fry HB Usercurly fry HB Usercurly fry HB Usercurly fry HB User

Does it still bother you today? If so, it needs to be adjusted. Call your doc and explain the situation.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:25 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB User

This is the same problem I had with white composite fillings - wish I never had them done as they changed my bite and I noticed my teeth were shifting and starting to become quite sensitive - this is what can happen when teeth don't meet together correctly. They were either left too low or made the tooth seem wider than what it was to begin with. Composite tends to expand as it hardens and its not the easiest to manipulate as amalgam is. Don't let your dentist adjust other natural teeth trying to restore or balance your bite - it can make things worse - if he can't adjust the composite so it feels more natural and does not alter your bite then get it removed and ask him to use the amalgam instead.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:54 PM   #6
(male)

kevin1986 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by curly fry View Post
Does it still bother you today? If so, it needs to be adjusted. Call your doc and explain the situation.
Still feels a little off,its not pain but its just not the way it was before quite. He did 2 in back and one on top in back,all on left side. I have tmj and having my jaw open that long yesterday has made my whole jaw a little sore,and into my neck. So today i am not particularly eager to go in and have my jaw opened wide again. I would rather have these then the mercury filled ones..

Old 03-26-2010, 09:46 AM   #7
Veteran
(male)

riptoff HB Userriptoff HB Userriptoff HB Userriptoff HB Userriptoff HB User

Composite contracts, amalgam expands.

Closed Thread