It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2010, 05:01 AM   #1
(male)

PeteJB HB User
Problems after a filling

So, I had a filling about six weeks ago - A few days after, it started to ache whenever I ate anything for an extended period. A few more days passed, and I went back to the dentist. He said it could be due to the filling being too high, so he flattened it out a bit. He also gave me some antibiotics because of signs of plaque and inflammation around the gums. I took the antibiotics for a period of one week and didn't notice any improvements. If it's an infection, why hasn't it cleared up? Everything I've read suggests it should clear up in a few days. Anyway, I am somewhat skeptical if its an infection or not because it is very incosistent. Here are some details...

* When it aches, it tends to ache all around the area of the filling - not specifically the tooth, it feels more like the jaw. It throbs a little bit.

* There are no sharp pains to speak of, except when I 'catch it' while eating.

* It usually starts to ache when I eat hot meals (the more I have to chew the worse it gets) - The ache stays for about 10-30 minutes after eating. Originally, it affected me almost every time I ate. Now it seems to occur only when I eat hot meals (warm seems ok) or food that is difficult to chew.

* I've always had sensitive teeth - but it feels particularly sensitive to both hot and cold now.

* I used to wake up in the morning with it aching, but it seems to have gotten better.

* The aches overall have gotten better in the past few weeks, but if I happen to 'catch it' while eating it aches for hours afterward.

* About a week ago my mouth also started to hurt on the opposite side when I clenched my teeth together. That seems to still occur - but not when eating, strangely..

Do I have to go back to a Dentist yet again? And could someone tell me what is going on with my teeth?

Last edited by PeteJB; 03-30-2010 at 05:03 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread