It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2010, 04:53 AM   #1
(female)

octoberlove HB User
Question i think my teeth are making my body sick

im not sure what is going on but im getting really sick. i have had teeth problems since i was little and unfourtunatly neither my parents or myself have had the money to fix it. recently my teeth started to get progressivly worse and now almost all of my teeth are rotten, i am in constante pain all the time. what is really starting to worry me is i never feel good any more im bloaded all the im and over tha past few months since my teeth have been getting really bad i have gained almost 20 pounds. i normally only have one to three bowel movements in a week but the past week its been several times a day and even if i dont have a bowel movement there is residue when i wipe. im not sure if its conected but i also have polycystic kidney disease. im just wondering if any one can help me understand whats going on. i recently lost my job and health and dental insurance with it but i can get dental by the begining of next month and im going to try to get all the teeth out. im just not sure if it will help the other problems. im a 22 year old female and i just want to get healthy thanx you for reading

Old 04-12-2010, 05:22 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

curly fry HB Usercurly fry HB Usercurly fry HB Usercurly fry HB Usercurly fry HB User
Re: i think my teeth are making my body sick

I think you are safe on the bowel movement part. Seems like you are eating more, hence the extra bowel movements. People have different movements believe it or not. I go frequently a day. My surprise when my friend told me he goes about 3 times a week!!!! LOL. About the residue... just wipe wipe wipe. Maybe invest in some 'Wet Ones' that are moist napkins.

Now your teeth. Are you in the US? There is a payment option called carecredit. It is like credit card for you anything medical. You should invest in one. You are 22. It's time you take responsibility for the things that affect you. A lot of dental office also have payment plans. I suggest you go in for a consultation and work out a payment schedule to get this worked out. Bad dental hygiene can effect different parts of your health so I would not lose sleep over this! Get the consultation so you know EXACLTY what you are dealing with. You may not need to get all your teeth pulled and their may be other alternative.

Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2010, 06:08 PM   #3
(female)

octoberlove HB User

but im not eating more, actually i rarely eats at all cause eating ust causes more pain in my mouth. i am taking responsability mt insurance wont start till the begining of next month

Old 04-13-2010, 07:10 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB User

Sounds like you may have IBS or something similar going on with your intestines and bowels - to be bloated yet claim to not be eating more than normal yet there is weight gain suggests a problem with the digestion and then elimination of waste. It could also be endocrin related. Its not uncommon for a undiagnosed or untreated medical condition to affect the appearance and vitality of teeth and increase their susceptablity to become weakend and deteriorate. Medications taken over prolonged periods can also detrimentally affect teeth. It may be time for you to see your medical dr for a full medical work-up and then address the teeth issue.

Closed Thread