It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2010, 08:30 PM   #1
(male)

orangefrog HB User
Question rapidly decaying teeth, what to do?

Hi, this is my first post so im not to sure how this all works.. I will start by telling you that im 24 years old and i have very bad upper front teeth.. im not sure where to go with it.. where i live its a very long waiting period to see a dentist so i really just need some advice.. my 8 upper front teeth are decaying at a very fast rate and have been for a couple of months now. i have had fillings more than a few times over the last few years and they just fall out and my teeth end up worse than they were to begin with, just this morning a peice of my tooth fell out when i was eating a sandwich which has made me get in and do some research.. its looking like dentures may be an option but i feel to young to be getting them, i look after my teeth quite well, my bottom teeth are fine, as are my upper back teeth. its just those few at the front that give me trouble. they dont hurt at all but they seem very weak.. im really just looking for some advice on what i should do or some possible options, and any help would be appreciated.. thankyou in advance

Old 05-28-2010, 12:32 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

riptoff HB Userriptoff HB Userriptoff HB Userriptoff HB Userriptoff HB User
Re: rapidly decaying teeth, what to do?

Teeth only decay due to inappropriate sugar consumption.
When the Creator made man in His own image about 6,000 years ago, He intended teeth to last for a lifetime.
Strangely, He did not seem to make allowance for today's massive sugar consumption.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2010, 06:46 PM   #3
(female)

notalways sugar HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by riptoff View Post
Teeth only decay due to inappropriate sugar consumption.
When the Creator made man in His own image about 6,000 years ago, He intended teeth to last for a lifetime.
Strangely, He did not seem to make allowance for today's massive sugar consumption.
Bless your heart you have become tainted by society. Tooth decay doesn't always come from sugar. I barely eat and my teeth are falling out by the number. I notice i have a solid tumor (or growth) under my tounge..It is the size of a seedless grape. I am thinking this has something to do with it. I believe other possibilities should be explored. It's so sad when people tink that way. There are other reasons teeth decay other than sugar. That is why I thought I pay my dentist...Unfortunately , instead of exploring reasons he soo generalized my condition...I didn't know they gave you a MD to generalize...i guess they do!!!

Last edited by notalways sugar; 06-30-2010 at 06:48 PM.

Old 07-02-2010, 05:34 AM   #4
Veteran
(male)

riptoff HB Userriptoff HB Userriptoff HB Userriptoff HB Userriptoff HB User

In 1891 Professor Willoughby Dayton Miller published his Chemico-Parasitic Theory which suggested that tooth decay was caused by the reaction between bacteria in the mouth and fermentable carbohydrate (ie sugar).
The bacteria feed on the sugar,and make acid which removes the calcium from the teeth, thus decay.
If anyone knows other reasons for tooth decay, please let us know.

Old 07-06-2010, 08:14 PM   #5
(female)

notalways sugar HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by riptoff View Post
In 1891 Professor Willoughby Dayton Miller published his Chemico-Parasitic Theory which suggested that tooth decay was caused by the reaction between bacteria in the mouth and fermentable carbohydrate (ie sugar).
The bacteria feed on the sugar,and make acid which removes the calcium from the teeth, thus decay.
If anyone knows other reasons for tooth decay, please let us know.
Ok i understand your opinion is influeneced by another man's theory.
Let's talk about facts. True sugar can cause decay, but there are other elements that cause decay as well. For instance Tumors in the mouth. I have mentioned before i have a suspicious very solid growth under my tounge. It is the size of a seedless grape, but more oval in shape. Also, my teeth began RAPIDLY DECAYING some time after the downstairs bathroom celling caved due to a water leak.there was NO sign of mold, only leaking water... Look closely at the time line....2006 celling caves....I go in for routine 6 month cleaning in 2007 formation of a cavity on molar, but nothing too severe to have to fill at that time...fast foward 6 months later sometime in 2008.....4 cavities...i have medical and during this time didn't have dental...so EVERYTHING IS OUT OF POCKET..SO, OF COURSE HE TAKES CARE OF THE MOST SEVERE DECAY FIRST.(ROOT CANAL).OK done. Come back because Teeth are bothering me...Now cavities are bigger than before in just 3 month time. The three i didn't have filled, then I began to grow another cavity in between my two front teeth. Ok so i got the one in between my teeth filled b/c ewwwww when i smile. I save up to get the others taken care of......one of the decaying molar chips off BADLY...so ANOTHER ROOT CANAL ANOTHER 900 PLUS DOLLARS....COULDN'T AFFORD IT SO KEEP SAVING...IT FINALLY BROKE ALL THE WAY OFF. ONLY THING LEFT WAS THE "black part of the root. If I remember correctly "removal of residual tooth root". I can not remember what all i had in 2008 the rest of the time. I will tell you 2009 was my WORST YEAR. Particularly January and Feb. I was in soooo much pain all I could do was drool....literally.I don't like taking painkillers b/c the possibility of addiction and they make me feel fuzzy in thinking.Feb. 2009 i had a root canal, 3 fillings on 3 of my front teeth,and 2 removal of reidual tooth root removed on my molars, then on tooth 15 (i think) there was sooo much decay when he cleaned it and all there wasn't enough toth ,only about 1mm a slither...,so he had to do a post pin? Something like that and build a "tooth" around that..It's funny because every tooth or molar that broke off is always black or deep dark brown on the gums...even after the tooth is gone. I can upload pic if you like. I am sure you don't want to be grossed out tonight. I will save you the pain unless you ask. So, i have a feeling it has something to do with mold. The bedroom adjacent to the bathroom with the damaged celling now has greenish drk grey stain on the celling and it's a little "swollen". I don't sleep in that room, but i think that rom is below mine. The bathroom cellng is fixed now, but who's to say the mold hasn't gone into the walls?
I now only have 19 (not counting the broken ones down to the gum) teeth in my mouth. Don't respond sugar I vely eat...I eat less sugar now than before all this happend. I brush twice daily and lead a VERY active lifestyle...
I am soon going to the dentist for the growth under my tounge soon.I have dental insurance now, but I have to do the long "wait" before I reap any benefits...So until 6-12 months everthing is still out of pocket. Sorry for the long post. Sometimes...Truth is better than theory. Oh, by the way...I am sure you read about the running bloody nose and headaches I mentioned in previous posts....so I won't add that. Besides, this is a thread about mold and teeth decay, not mold and headaches ,"water running" nose bleeds in some one who never gets nose bleeds. I guess that would be a new thread altogether. Diabeties has been ruled out as a factor.

Closed Thread