It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2010, 12:40 AM   #1
(male)

cannoli31 HB User
Partial Denture Tooth Fell Out

I had a new partial denture made last year to replace my old one. It wasn't cheap. While eating dinner one of the teeth popped out while eating dinner. This surprised me because in all of the years I have been wearing partials this has never happened. I don't bite into apples or eat ribs. I assume the dentist can put the tooth back in but is the chance greater that it will come out again? I'm wondering if it was not well made to begin with given this has never occurred before. The dentist does have a good rep for this kind of work. Since I just bought this I don't want to have to be careful of how and what I eat. If it's just going to break again the dentist should probably make a whole new denture which Im sure he wouldn't want to do. Has anyone had a tooth put back in and did it hold?

thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2010, 06:43 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

riptoff HB Userriptoff HB Userriptoff HB Userriptoff HB Userriptoff HB User
Re: Partial Denture Tooth Fell Out

This is not at all unusual because the pink and white plastics are not exactly similar so de-bonding can happen. This is not anyone's fault, least of all the dentist as he does not make the denture. The tooth can easily be replaced, but you can fix it temporarily with super glue ( cyanoacylate).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2010, 05:05 PM   #3
(male)

cannoli31 HB User
Smile Re: Partial Denture Tooth Fell Out

Got it fixed today. The dentist said the same thing about the bonding issue of the two materials. This dentist does his own work and used some wire to fortify the tooth.

Closed Thread