It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2010, 09:00 PM   #1
(female)

TXMommy06 HB User
Shocked and upset! At 29 I have to have teeth removed!

So, I went to the dentist today, after years of avoiding it. I thought I just had an abscess, but apparently the bottom center 2 teeth have no bone supporting them and they will have to be removed. She didn't even check the rest, because she wants to get this under control. I was shocked that, at 29, I am loosing 2 teeth. Not only that, but I have to wear a partial for 2 months until she can do a bridge. I'm so upset, and I stumbled across this forum, and I'm just really looking for anyone who has gone through this, or anyone that can give me support. I'm scared that I'm going to look horrible, and scared of them taking my teeth, then the partial doesn't fit right? Not to mention, I'm scared of what she'll find with the full xray! Agh! Help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2010, 04:33 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Sandybeech HB UserSandybeech HB UserSandybeech HB UserSandybeech HB User
Re: Shocked and upset! At 29 I have to have teeth removed!

I am sorry you are going through this. The best way to deal with it is to get educated- learn all you can about what will be done for you. Any time you lose a part of you it is traumatic. The pain will be minimal, the partial awkward at first but tolerable and then the bridgework should be undetectable. Having a positive attitude will help get you through this. Keep an open mind.

Ask the dentist to show you examples of his work and possibly see another opinion just to be sure things are on track.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread