It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2010, 07:12 PM   #1
(male)

me5555 HB User
Red face Crowns that are seeping.

I have two crowns, one with a root canal, and one without. They are both seeping and are very malodorous. I have very long roots, per a DDS, so i am guessing that the one RC wasn't properly cleaned out. That one was done many years ago. The other one has no RC, but a crown. I am thinking I have to have them extracted and then get implants.

My question: Do you think it would be successful if I went to an endodontist or will I just waste thousands more and end up needing implants? Has anyone had this problem and been able to get rid of the seepage?

BTW, I am very hygienic. I floss and brush daily.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2010, 11:09 AM   #2
(male)

Big Grin HB User
Re: Crowns that are seeping.

It sounds like you have general mouth infection. I would certainly see a dentist about getting antibiotics as soon as possible. Your 2 crowned teeth are your weakest links so they are going to show the most effect of the infection.

Many dental clinics are offering free or reduced consultations.

If possible it is better to keep teeth.

Do not put things off. Go to a dentist as soon as possible.

Hope this helps,

Big Grin

Last edited by moderator2; 07-18-2010 at 12:39 PM. Reason: please do not post websites except as described in the Posting Policy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2010, 02:31 PM   #3
(male)

me5555 HB User

Thank you for replying.

I have never heard of a general mouth infection. Can you tell me more?

I've had this problem with crowns before. I had to get the other one out. I know I was on antibiotics before, but the crown was still messed up.

Old 07-18-2010, 06:59 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

esker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB User

When I have had this problem with crowns, it was that the crown had come loose and food was leaking in under the crown. That is the source of the smell. The fix was simply to remove the crown, clean it up and glue it back on.

Old 07-18-2010, 07:10 PM   #5
(male)

me5555 HB User
Unhappy Re: Crowns that are seeping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esker View Post
When I have had this problem with crowns, it was that the crown had come loose and food was leaking in under the crown. That is the source of the smell. The fix was simply to remove the crown, clean it up and glue it back on.
That would be great if that was my problem. Problem is that I just got both of these crowns and they are doing it right after. It cost me thousands of dollars and this happened with another crown I had years ago. I am wondering if I just can't have crowns...? They always do this to me. Like I said, I have very long roots that dds's are shocked when they see how long they are on xray. I don't know if they can be cleaned out fully.

I want to save the teeth, but I will have to spend thousands more and I will probably just end up having to spend thousands getting an implant, if my other crowns are any prediction of the outcome.

Why I can't I be one of the people that crowns work for? This is so upsetting to me.

Closed Thread