It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2010, 09:14 AM   #1
(female)

JosieA HB User
10 Years Old and Yellow Teeth

Hi!
My 10-year-old son has autism. When he was a toddler and youngster, he beat us up, kicked, screamed, and bit everytime we tried to brush his teeth...so we were NOT very successful.
Two years ago, he went through major dental surgery under anesthesia (4 hours!) with "The Angel Dentist." She saved his baby teeth (instead of extracting them). She is so loving and patient and kind and he really responds to her. We have regular visits every couple of months, so that he can stay comfortable with her. He even let her do a cleaning last month.
My son is not allowed many sweets. We let him have ice cream as a treat occasionally. He is allowed to have chocolate. He's on a strict toothbrushing regime (Since his surgery, he happily and cooperatively) lets us brush and Water Pik his teeth. They even brush his teeth at school.
I'm really bummed because his teeth look YELLOW despite his Fresh Start in oral care. I don't ever want him to go through the trauma of dental surgery again. It's so devastating when your child is in pain and I totally blame myself for his dental woes.
Why could his teeth be yellow? I'm worried that by brushing his teeth (which is a good thing), that I brushed oiff the enamel.
The Angel Dentist says that his teeth are so nice and clean.

Closed Thread