It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2010, 07:53 AM   #1
(male)

33Thomas HB User
incompetent dentist?

Hi, I went to my local dentist after I discovered a sharp part of a molar had appeared - due to a bit of the tooth breaking off, it was cutting into my tongue, and I wanted it filed down.

the dentist was incredibly young and inexperienced, i asked him questions and his replies were either 'to be honest i'm not sure', or 'i don't know'. he performed a rather interesting exam, which on one particular tooth (near to the tooth that needed filing) involved him pressing down incredibly hard with his dental explorer in the centre of the tooth - his thumb was on the top of the explorer. it hurt - a lot. xrays were took afterwards, and he refused to allow me to see them, telling me to wait in a different room after they were took. when i went to have a look, he turned around and told me to wait in the other room.

he kept asking me which tooth needed filing down after numerous looks into my mouth, and even asked where about the tooth needed filing - it was pretty obvious - it had two sharp points on it...

i had to go back to have the filing done (after this last 'checkup' and clean) and i refused to see this same dentist, however reception were adament that i had to see this dentist. reluctantly, i allowed him to file it down - except he filed it down a bit and asked in an unsure tone if that was ok. i agreed as there was no way he was going back into my mouth with that tool again.

now, i have pain in areas of my mouth that i never had before - i have a tooth that hurts to the touch near the top, and the general area where he pressed down very hard is sore, to the point it keeps me awake at night and i'm taking painkillers, i also have a horrible taste in my mouth.

why would a dentist press down so hard on one tooth? i wouldn't be surprised if it was an attempt to pierce a filing / crack a tooth to generate business?

i've also noticed that from where i was younger, i had two bottom teeth taken out, leaving me with a small gap after braces and either side (between canine and premolar), and on one side of my mouth - the side with the pain - the gap has completely closed, with which looks like the molar (that needed filing) or the premolar just infront of it crushing against my canine. i'm scared that if the tooth is moving forwards, that either the premolar being pushed, or the molar will have to be extracted?

can a tooth that appears to have moved be pulled back? (i'm 33).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread