It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2010, 08:10 AM   #1
(female)

nktb HB User
Unhappy received crown; bite off; tooth abscessed; root canal now lightheaded

Hi all,

June 28th I got a new crown after 3 months of waiting for it; should have canceled from the start. Immediately felt teeth move, bite off. Sent me home anyway. 2 wks after, same tooth abscessed & needed root canal. (That tooth, #19, is loose too.) Bite still off; after 4 dentists, no dentist wants to work on the bite issue; they all want to reconstruct the crown & give me a night guard from TMJ. (The bite off issue is, I think #3.) I don't think those solutions are going to fix the bite problem. Since the root canal was completed, I've been lightheaded everyday. All the dentists take x-rays & say everything looks fine. I'm planning to buy Aleve today & hope that helps w/the pain of the bite off. Feels like pressure points. Could the lightheaded be d/t an off bite or could another tooth have an infection in it b/c of the abscess? Any suggestions? Please help.
Any dentists in the Boston area that will work on my bite issue?

Old 08-08-2010, 05:53 PM   #2
(female)

marie888 HB User
Re: received crown; bite off; tooth abscessed; root canal now lightheaded

Hello,

I could have written this because I too had a new crown put on #19 on June 28th and have had nothing but horrible pain and misery since. The crown immediately hurt, Icould not open my mouth all the way, and worse of all I had awful ear pain. The tooth needed a root canal that I got one week ago. I still cannot bite on the things and my left ear feels like it is going to explode. Also, I went for a second opinion and the dentist ground the crown out of occlusion but also way too far low for my bite. My bite is now feels very off and I am not close to hitting this flat, low, painful crown. I cannot believe all that has happened. The worst thing is the ear pain. I don't know if it is the tooth, nerve damage from trismus since I couldn't open my jaw normally after an injection, or what. I am totally upset and so I know your frusteration.

Marie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread