It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2010, 10:10 AM   #1
(female)

Wiccy HB User
Bridges and how many teeth can they ...

put on a bridge?? Ive been lucky recently and had my 2 top teeth put on a bridge! But my bottom row, i have 5 teeth missing, i dont think she liked the idea of putting that many on a bridge???
How many teeth have some of you got on a bridge???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2010, 02:41 PM   #2
(female)

AThena53 HB UserAThena53 HB User
Re: Bridges and how many teeth can they ...

DH had a bridge spanning 2 gaps. When one of the teeth holding up the bridge decayed badly and had to be removed, his dentist was not comfortable with a bridge covering spaces for more than 2 teeth and said he needed either a partial plate or an implant to replace the 3rd tooth, which could then support a replacement bridge. He chose the implant and has been very happy with it.

Five teeth sounds like a very long gap for a bridge to support. Since the bridge doesn't quite rest on your gum (you need to be able to floss under it), there'd be a lot of stress on the 2 teeth supporting it at either end every time you but down on something. One possibility might be an implant in the middle and a couple of 2-tooth bridges on either side but it won't be cheap.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2010, 09:57 PM   #3
(female)

ShelbyLynn5 HB User
Re: Bridges and how many teeth can they ...

Hi there! I have to get a "flipper" partial to replace my top front 6 teeth -- yeah -- wow -- but after healing time is over, they are talking about implants/bridges -- for a more permanent solution. So, when you talk bridges are expensive -- how expensive are you talking? Just curious how much money I better try to save and get my hands on for down the road. With 6 teeth, I'm sure I would have to have so many implants and the rest a bridge? Obviously would want to go the cheapest route -- but doesn't sound like there is anything "cheap" about implants and/or bridges, right? Aren't bridges cheaper than implants? So maybe combining the two would bring the cost down? What exactly is a bridge? Thanks for any help!
ShelbyLynn5

Closed Thread