It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2010, 01:55 PM   #1
(male)

rbes31 HB User
Painless lump on my gum near one of my back teeth

Within the past few weeks, I have noticed a painless lump near one of my back teeth. This back tooth is a tooth that has a root canal done on it and a crown put on it. It hasn't done much of any thing and I have experienced NO pain what so ever. Today though, just about half an hour ago, The lump popped. It didn't make a noise and I do believe it was my fault that it popped because I was touching it with my tongue. When it popped, it didn't make a noise and it still didn't hurt. I was just wondering what it might be and if I should make an appointment with my dentist?

Even though I know I probably do not have to worry THIS much, I still always get paranoid and jump to the worst possible conclusion...which this time is that it might be mouth cancer. I know that is a ridiculous assumption to jump to considering I know almost nothing about this lump, but I always worry when stuff like this happens.

Again, it made no noise when it popped and it still does not hurt....Also, it feels as if its just hanging there and could fall off at any second. It does not feel hard because it feels like it is hanging. It feels just like my gums do basically.

If you need any more information, please feel free to post it here, and thank you for your help. You should also know that I do brush my teeth at least once a day but I have not been brushing them twice a day like I know I should be...I also do not floss and I do not always use mouth wash. I am going to college and living on campus. I have mouth wash at home but not at my dorm. I know it is not a difficult task to get mouth wash for my dorm but I just haven't remembered to get it. That will definitely change though.

Again, thank you for your help whoever happens to post here. If you need more information, feel free to ask.

Last edited by rbes31; 11-21-2010 at 01:57 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2010, 05:05 PM   #2
(female)

swift2 HB User
Re: Painless lump on my gum near one of my back teeth

Hi rbes31

it could be a cyst or an abscess even thogh it's not paining you now. don't leave to see if it will go away. it's better to be safe then sorry so make an appointment and get it checked out. your dental hygiene could be improved to brushing twice a day flossing and useing mouthwash.this would be of great benefit as it would reduce the chances of you getting gum disease cavities infections etc.don't worry too much about it.hope everything turns out ok.let me know how you get on.god bless and take care.

Closed Thread