It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2011, 03:38 AM   #1
(male)

LTrevor HB User
big lump on inside of cheek

i have had a lump in my mouth on the inside of my cheek for days now, maybe a week, maybe longer.

i just assumed it was an ulcer or i had bitten the inside of my cheek or it was something else innocuous and nothing to worry about but today i thought to myself that it had been there for quite a while (i expected it to go before now) and i could feel it growing larger and seemed to feel quite large when i probed it with my tongue so i looked at it in the mirror with a flashlight: it is a big, wide lump that protrudes out from my cheek almost touching my teeth, sometimes it does touch them it protrudes that far.

it is a large lump on the inside of my cheek, almost the same colour as the rest of the inside of my cheek but a little darker maybe and it has a white dot in the middle that is presumably pus (can some ulcers have this white centre? i have never had one like this before).

it does not feel like a spot or a boil which is kind of what it looks like with that white bit in the middle, it does not hurt like a spot or a boil it just feels big and heavy in my mouth. it is a slightly painful i suppose,
just very uncomfortable, i have not hit it hard or bitten it, i think it would hurt a lot then.

i have been very ill with a throat infection and a chest infection for about 3 weeks, i was prescribed the wrong antibiotics by a different doctor to my regular one and have now been precribed new antibiotics by my own doctor to try to deal with the chest and throat infections which have been very painful and disruptive

i have been under severe stress over the past 5 or 6 weeks and have been very tense, unhappy and anxious for a long time which is why at first i thought it was an stress induced ulcer (before i looked at it).

i would like to go to see my doctor about it ideally (i have an appointment with him in a week to check up on my chest and throat but don't really want to wait that long) or my dentist but it is new years day, also a saturday and this monday is a bank holiday so i can't see my doctor or my dentist for at least a few days and now i am concerned about this seeming rapidly growing lump in my mouth could anyone advise me please? i would very much appreciate it

thank you very much for reading and happy new year to you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread