It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2011, 01:43 PM   #1
(female)

marie888 HB User
Root Canal Sensitive When I Press on It

Hello,

I have had a horrible dental year. About 10yrs ago I had my first root canal. It ended up absessing, having a root canal retreatment, and ultimately being extracted and replaced with an implant 5 years ago. Then this summer I had a large filling replaced with a crown and the tooth developed horrible pain. It needed another root canal which took a long time to feel better. The crown on the new root canal was low and not touching any other teeth. I also cracked the crown on the dental implant tooth, which is next to the new root canal, probably because my bite was off and I was hitting it too hard. I got both crowns replaced and finally got my permanent crowns 2.5 weeks ago. I was so looking forward to everything feeling good finally and my bite being better. Not the case!! I am now in awful pain. It slowly developed over the past week. When I push on the root canal tooth with my finger it feels tender so I think it is the problem. I am not sure at this point what the real cause of pain is, and have to wait 2 days to see the dentist. I am so upset and sick of pain I am just about in tears. I don't even know what the problem is. My bite feels fine and if making adjustments doesn't help I need to get this root canal extraced to because I cannot stand it any longer. It doesn't hurt so much to bite on it but it is a feeling of constant pressure and time to time ache that is also radiating and really bothersome. My jaw is also sore to the touch in one spot. Has anyone gone through anything similar?? My main question is, if pressure on a root canal tooth hurts is there usually something wrong, like a crack or infection, in the tooth? Has anyone had a root canal that didn't feel right extracted and get relief? It is my second molar from the back and the implant is the furthest back tooth.

Thank you,
Marie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread