It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2011, 11:05 AM   #1
(male)

BigFellaAndy HB User
Plaque or Crumbling Teeth?!

I've noticed this before, but never actually asked about it anywhere...

At the moment, i can lick the back of my teeth (bottom front ones) And they feel sharp...

I've licked about before, and a bit of hard white stuff has fell off.... my initial thought was "crumbeling tooth or plaque"

So looking in the mirror.

Where my bottom teeth meet my gums. they is a slight discolouration on the base of the teeth down to the gums... this is what's hard. and trying to pick it with my finger is possible, i can get my finger behind it a bit... but it won't move... I don't want to try too hard to shift some of this, incase it actually is tooth and not plaque..

Can anyone confirm weather a plaque buildup would feel very tough and hard? Also, how would i go about removing this from the bottom of my tooth if it is plaque.

Also is they any danger of me removing this?
and is they a danger of me leaving this? (just before i book a dentist appointment)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2011, 01:07 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB User
Re: Plaque or Crumbling Teeth?!

Hi,
It does sound like a build of plaque. When it gets like that you can't remove it yourself, though. All that you do is chip off small fragments. The plaque will go down into the gum along side the tooth where you can't reach.

Please make an appt with your dentist for a thorough cleaning. It's really important that you have this done by a professional. They have the tools and instruments to remove the plaque where you just can't reach.

Leaving it there should not be an option.
It is a perfect breeding ground for the kind of bacteria that will eventually dissolve your tooth's supporting bone. Not to mention it can give you really bad breath!

A professional cleaning and assessment is advised. Do make that appt.

Hope this helps.
My very best to you,
Gellia

The following user gives a hug of support to Gellia:
BigFellaAndy (01-16-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to Gellia For This Useful Post:
BigFellaAndy (01-16-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2011, 01:58 PM   #3
(male)

BigFellaAndy HB User

Thanks will get booked in sometime this week =)

Old 01-16-2011, 03:55 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB User

EXCELLENT!! Good luck!

Closed Thread