It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2011, 06:28 AM   #1
(male)

lovemyteeth HB User
molar black near gumline/gum border?cavity or discoloration?

hi. thanks to u all for helping those here who are not insured or who are under-insured find some peace of mind.

Background info:

I had a root canal 2 years ago on 1 of my molars.

I noticed an upside down "u" dark grey, almost black spot the size of little less than half a dime coin size.

I can't ask my original dentist, since i wasn't pleased with him & we had sort of like a falling out.

Questions:

1) is this tooth discoloration since i drink a lot of black coffee?

2) is the dark grey black spot a part of the original root canal?

i don't have any pain or sensitiviity there. the black or dark grey spot hasn't reached the gum area, it just borders or hugs the gum-line. the gum area there is pink with no discoloration.

i never got a cap, dentist told me such a cap was optional if i avoided biting down on hard food like trying to crack open a pistachio nut.

3) i can't afford to go to a check up & pay to fix any tooth decay there until march 15, 2011. can it wait until then?

4) what can i do if i don't have any dental insurance & i get bad pain developing there from now until march 15, 2011?

if i go to an ER, all they can do then is prescribe me a painkiller and an anti-biotic.

i live in san diego, is there a dental clinic i can go to that will bill me later?

it's seems like dentists also take a hippocratic oath that mandates they take care of some patients who can't afford to pay, or can't afford to pay right away.

thanks, again for all your help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread