It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2011, 08:22 PM   #1
(female)

luvjoy2 HB User
implants for dentures abroad

hello all: i have been told i need dentures as i have a gum disease i have read up on implants abroad and mumbai in particular i would like to hear back from anyone who has experienced having teeth removed and implants fitted was it painful are the dentures then permanent or need removing every night ? I've had a quote for four implants top and bottom these are not mini implants and require 2 visits just needed to hear from you guys who are not involved in selling their business i have cried and cried about losing my teeth as i have always done the best to keep them !!

Old 02-04-2011, 04:27 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB User
Re: implants for dentures abroad

Hi,
I have four implants for my top front teeth. I love them. It's a lengthy process, but in my opinion, well worth it.

The problem I see with getting any dental work done outside your country is that most dentists in your country will not want to treat any problems that may occur later. You would have to be willing to return to where you got them for help. Also, many countries use different types of implants and are "country" incompatible with one another.

Implants also require a integration period before they are ready to crown. Especially if molars are involved. It can be quite a lengthy process to heal.

It's sounds as though you are going for implant supported dentures. If those dentures were to break, would you be able to get them fitted correctly without having to return
to Mumbai for them to be fixed? Travel time for something like this could far out weigh any saving you may make.

For those reasons I personally wouldn't recommend it, but it's an individual decision.

My best to you,
Gellia

The Following User Says Thank You to Gellia For This Useful Post:
luvjoy2 (02-04-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2011, 04:50 AM   #3
(female)

luvjoy2 HB User

thanks for your input these are all questions i would like answers to has any one experienced problems getting implants or dentures fixed if they had been abroad to get them ? the dentists there have trained in the UK and USA and the implants are European even with flights the costing is halved i would be going alone but staying in accommodation that the company includes in the price having read the problems with just dentures i am sure i couldn't cope ! i haven't a job so getting a loan is just not on the cards i have a little money that was left to me but not enough to get them in oz so feel its the only way to go

Old 02-04-2011, 02:56 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB User

Hi again,
The only problem I have personally heard of was an implant crown that broke and the abutment could not be replaced with the implant being used. The implant had to be removed and the patient had to start over with a new implant with compatible abutment.

With a problem like that you would have to be willing to return to the dentist who placed your implant or be able to get the proper implant abutment to fit. Even then, many dentists will not want to work on them when another dentist out of country has placed them. It's not a matter of where the dentist has trained but of the materials used. An implant has pieces. The implant itself and then the abutment piece that holds the crown. Even the ratchet used to adhere the abutment to the implant has to be the proper size. Any mismatch any where along the line can render your implant unusable.

I guess the bottom line would be, in the event of a problem, would you be willing to return to Mumbai for help? That may be your only option.

Hope this helps.
My best to you,
Gellia

Old 02-24-2011, 10:32 PM   #5
(male)

Big Grin HB User

I would check out Thailand

Old 02-26-2011, 01:31 AM   #6
Veteran
(male)

riptoff HB Userriptoff HB Userriptoff HB Userriptoff HB Userriptoff HB User

Many Poms go to Budapest for dental work. It is further for you to travel, but might be worth checking out.

Closed Thread