It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2011, 06:56 AM   #1
(male)

Zany001 HB User
What is wrong with my Tongue??

Could someone please enlighten me to what exactly is wrong with my tongue and how i could get rid of it?

Last edited by Zany001; 04-06-2011 at 09:11 AM.

Old 04-06-2011, 12:26 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User
Re: What is wrong with my Tongue??

Could you please give us an idea of what is wrong with it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2011, 12:28 PM   #3
(male)

Zany001 HB User

sorry i originally have a pic attached lol :P
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tongue - Copy.jpg (41.2 KB, 12 views)

Old 04-06-2011, 12:29 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

Yes, please fill us in on exactly what your tongue is doing that is different, and when did this begin. The more information you can share with us the better we can help you.

Old 04-06-2011, 12:31 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

Oh, I see it now...my first guess would be oral thrush, but I have never had it, and know nothing about it. Hopefully some of our other posters will have more information for you.

Old 04-06-2011, 12:39 PM   #6
(male)

Zany001 HB User

well its gotten to that stage where i cant exactly remember when it had started but i def having had it all my life. I'm tried so many things and searched all over the net trying lots of different things, gargling salt water, various types of toothpaste, aloe vera toothpaste, Therabreath products etc etc lol.

Just as u said i think it might be oral thrush, no matter what sort of tongue cleaner i use it never removes it and it def seems to be coming from the very back of my mouth. I have taken Acidophilus capsules but didnt see much difference so now i have turned to removing the Acidophilus powder from the capsules and taking it with a table spoon of orange juice. From reading the forums ive picked up a few more things to try, i ordered myself a "tung" tongue cleaner as alot of members seem to swear by them, and i seen one case when nasal irrigation was a program, and i have noticed that i do seem to swallow quite regularly, i just want rid of it and for my mouth to feel fresh again, plus i really think its ruining my taste buds lol

Old 04-06-2011, 01:06 PM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi there are sites on the net that look a bit like this some of them talk about thrush or Candida infections of course a health professional could confirm this. Probiotics can add to bacteria levels and some people claim it helps others are not so sure.

Old 04-06-2011, 02:10 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

Ok..now I see the pic. Looks like Oral Thrush to me as well. Have you been on antibiotics lately as that will sometimes cause it?

When I do get it my Dr. puts me on a antibiotic mouth rinse called Nystatin, but it's only by script from your Dr. You could try a small amount, like a teaspoon full of Perioxide in a small glass of water as a rinse too, that has helped. Only other thing I can suggest is the Probiotic Acidophilus, but you said you already tried it. Think some of the things you bought just might help, like the tongue scraper etc.

Keep us posted how it's going...JJ...

Old 04-06-2011, 02:13 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

not sure if this is it or not, but look up geographic tongue
my hairdresser told me her daughter has a funny looking tongue, been that way forever, and the doctor said it's a geographic tongue, totally harmless and nothing to worry about. i guess it got the name because the tongue looks like a road map

Old 04-06-2011, 02:34 PM   #10
(male)

Zany001 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
Ok..now I see the pic. Looks like Oral Thrush to me as well. Have you been on antibiotics lately as that will sometimes cause it?

When I do get it my Dr. puts me on a antibiotic mouth rinse called Nystatin, but it's only by script from your Dr. You could try a small amount, like a teaspoon full of Perioxide in a small glass of water as a rinse too, that has helped. Only other thing I can suggest is the Probiotic Acidophilus, but you said you already tried it. Think some of the things you bought just might help, like the tongue scraper etc.

Keep us posted how it's going...JJ...
ooo funny you say that, i was just on net doctor and read up about Nystatin, another recommendation on net doctor was a oral gel called "Daktarin" which can be picked up from a Pharmacy so i plan to try that tomorrow...if that doesnt work...then its off to the dr's lol!

Old 04-06-2011, 02:45 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

did you look up geographic tongue?
search for images of it......I did, and it looks just like your tongue
i don't think it's anything to worry about!

Old 04-13-2011, 10:27 AM   #12
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi someone else reported bad breath from bacteria on the tongue was taken care of with garlic. They said they used 3-4 cloves of garlic put in a garlic press and the paste put on the tongue 7-8 minutes and then swallowed with a tall glass of water. It is done twice a day. One might see if this helps this type of problem also since it is cheap and natural.

Closed Thread