It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2011, 10:11 AM   #1
(female)

erica7780 HB User
Cheek, Jaw, Ear, Eye, Tooth Pain

Ok, here is my deal, the past 4 months I have been on and off antibiotics due to thinking I had sinus infections. My upper last mollar (which had a root canal and is capped) would always cause crazy pain when I bit down on it. I went to an ENT doc thinking it was my sinuses and she said no they look fine. About 2 weeks ago my cheek swoll up 5x the size and I had an abses form above my upper left wisdom tooth and the one that had the root canal etc. No one has been able to tell me whats wrong, antibiotics work but once I am off them the pain comes back. My wisdom tooth is partially sticking out of my gums but does not hurt to the touch. Do I need to have the wisdom tooth pulled or could this be some other kind of infection/problem. 4 months I need answers or I am going to go crazy!!!! Can a wisdom tooth cause your jaw, ear pain, sometimes my eye even feels droopy or strange. HELP ME!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2011, 10:25 AM   #2
(male)

entheogenic HB User
Re: Cheek, Jaw, Ear, Eye, Tooth Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by erica7780 View Post
Ok, here is my deal, the past 4 months I have been on and off antibiotics due to thinking I had sinus infections. My upper last mollar (which had a root canal and is capped) would always cause crazy pain when I bit down on it. I went to an ENT doc thinking it was my sinuses and she said no they look fine. About 2 weeks ago my cheek swoll up 5x the size and I had an abses form above my upper left wisdom tooth and the one that had the root canal etc. No one has been able to tell me whats wrong, antibiotics work but once I am off them the pain comes back. My wisdom tooth is partially sticking out of my gums but does not hurt to the touch. Do I need to have the wisdom tooth pulled or could this be some other kind of infection/problem. 4 months I need answers or I am going to go crazy!!!! Can a wisdom tooth cause your jaw, ear pain, sometimes my eye even feels droopy or strange. HELP ME!!!!!
I wouldn't be taking any antibiotic unless a bacterial infection is present.But since you said you have an abscess, I would make sure im taking the proper dosage and taking it at the right time. You need to go to the doctor to verify on a stain that it is indeed a bacterial infection. If you take antibiotics and don't have a bacterial infection, you run the risk of adverse reactions and you may also become resistant to the actual antibiotic, you will also kill healthy flora gut bacteria within your digestive tract.

As for the wisdom tooth, I would definitely get that removed, and if you don't have any treatment options at this point, I would buy a bottle of Cold-Pressed/Unrefined Extra-Virgin Olive Oil and I would swish 10ML in your mouth for 5-10 minutes and spit it out, but make sure you don't eat anything first, use the olive oil first and then brush your teeth and eat a meal. This will remove excess bacteria/toxins/metals/germs and they will expel from your mouth and you will feel different, but this is totally the way you want to feel. Make sure you don't swallow the oil after swishing. You can also use sesame/sunflower oils, but I suggest what I mentioned above.

Last edited by entheogenic; 04-19-2011 at 10:29 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2011, 12:08 PM   #3
(male)

dknight211 HB Userdknight211 HB User

The roots of your upper teeth are actually right up against your sinuses. When an infection occurs in your teeth and the roots and gums are inflamed, they directly cause pressure into your sinuses. Pressure into your sinuses can cause headaches and jaw pain. An infection in your teeth can also lead to infections in your sinuses, especially if pus is leaking from the your tooth into your sinuses.

Old 04-20-2011, 07:03 AM   #4
(female)

erica7780 HB User

Thank you all for your posts. I went back to the dentist yesterday, turns out that now he thinks my wisdom tooth is fine, the molar next to my wisdom tooth that I had a root canal and crown done on years ago is the issue. He put me on more antibiotics. I guess he thinks the part of the root is still in the tooth and now I have to go back on Monday and see if an Apicoectomy is the best option. I will do anything at this point, its strange because my tooth doesnt really hurt, what hurts is when he pushed on the gums above it, and my jaw and cheek are what hurt most...

Closed Thread