It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2011, 11:22 AM   #1
(female)

amandamedley HB User
on easter my front left tooth got punched in.

On easter my front left tooth got punched in. I have read some similar post about popping it back into place. I didn't do that? Also have had some people tell me if I don't mess with it and baby it, it will tighten up. Right now I can only eat liquid things like yogurt and soups, because I can't chew, it hits my bottom tooth too much. Will It always be this sensitive, and will I be ok? Should I have popped it back into place? And what can I do to tighten it faster so I can finally eat.

By the way I'm 19 I have no dental insurance so I'm trying to avoid the dentist because I just don't have the money. Thanks so much!

Old 04-26-2011, 01:02 PM   #2
(female)

amandamedley HB User
Re: on easter my front left tooth got punched in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandamedley View Post
On easter my front left tooth got punched in. I have read some similar post about popping it back into place. I didn't do that? Also have had some people tell me if I don't mess with it and baby it, it will tighten up. Right now I can only eat liquid things like yogurt and soups, because I can't chew, it hits my bottom tooth too much. Will It always be this sensitive, and will I be ok? Should I have popped it back into place? And what can I do to tighten it faster so I can finally eat.

By the way I'm 19 I have no dental insurance so I'm trying to avoid the dentist because I just don't have the money. Thanks so much!

Someone please help! I'm stressing out!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2011, 01:41 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB User

Hi,
You HAVE to get to a dentist. It's your tooth's only chance. They have to be splinted to a tooth nearby in order to hold them in place if any healing will take place. It may not be possible at this late date.

PLEASE get to a dentist ASAP. If your tooth is already supra erupted you need dental assistance.

Best to you,
Gellia

Old 04-26-2011, 01:55 PM   #4
(female)

amandamedley HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gellia View Post
Hi,
You HAVE to get to a dentist. It's your tooth's only chance. They have to be splinted to a tooth nearby in order to hold them in place if any healing will take place. It may not be possible at this late date.

PLEASE get to a dentist ASAP. If your tooth is already supra erupted you need dental assistance.

Best to you,
Gellia
What does supra erupted mean?

Old 04-26-2011, 01:58 PM   #5
(female)

SummerStorm HB User

Hi Amanda,

I agree with Gellia, you must get to a dentist. If you don't, your tooth may not fall out but that doesn't guarantee that it will remain healthy (and not die and turn gray).

I totally get the financial concern so I would look for low income or no insurance clinics in your area. But please, do something.

Good luck!

~Summer

Old 04-26-2011, 02:07 PM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi I heard they have dental schools where the students do it for little or nothing. They say if the tooth is completely out it needs to be put in milk until the dentist can be seen but I agree with the other posters that the dentist must be seen. It is considered a dental emergency so the faster the better. Some nice dentists can be called on a sunday or an evening even and they will do it right away.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:25 PM   #7
Veteran
(male)

riptoff HB Userriptoff HB Userriptoff HB Userriptoff HB Userriptoff HB User

Did you report the assault to the police? You may be entitled to compensation
which may cover the costs at the dentist.
You have to get to a dentist in any case, that is your priority.

The Following User Says Thank You to riptoff For This Useful Post:
sjb (04-27-2011)
Closed Thread