It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2011, 11:01 AM   #1
(female)

mollyjo76 HB User
Bad teeth and bad symptoms

Hi all I just need a bit of advice.

About ten years ago (when I was 24) I had the top front 6 teeth crowned.
A year ago I was having them replaced as they were rotting underneath.
My dentist removed the old crowns (the smell was awful) 2 of them broke off so he root canalled them and in the root canal he fitted plastic posts and plastic teeth, the other 4 teeth got temp plastic covers.

I was supposed to go back a year ago and get 2 implants and 6 porcelain crowns but unfortunately my husband lost his job and our dental insurance.

In this past year the plastic posts have fallen out, and I know I have food and bacteria in those root canals as I can taste it if I suck them (they are just roots right at the gum line with root canal holes in them.
The rest of the plastic temps have fallen off and I am left now with 6 black stumps (roots)
I know I will now need dentures on the top as they have gone too far now....

Heres where I need advice over the past three months (mainly since the bad taste in my mouth has started) I have had weird mood swings, terrible diarrhea every day, bad headaches, jaw pain, fatigue, hot and cold sweats and the scariest chest pain (shooting pain) ( I am also a pack a day smoker)

I know I have to see a dr and eventually a dentist, but I was wondering if anyone thought those symptoms I have could be from my teeth???
I dont think I have an abcess at the moment well not one that I can see anyway.

I'd appreciate anyones comments and help

thank you

Molly - Jo

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2011, 02:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Bad teeth and bad symptoms

If you have a fever or swollen glands around your jaw, seek medical attention right away, because an infection from the tooth may have spread into your jaw. Even if you can't see or feel an abscess, it could be draining inside you.

You need those teeth taken out before they make you sicker. I don't want to scare you excessively, but people have died from dental infection that went unattended too long. If you live near a dental school, you can probably get care very cheaply. I did that while in school, and it was fine.

Old 05-18-2011, 04:01 PM   #3
(female)

mollyjo76 HB User

Hi

Thank you for replying I called the university here but they only accept people from aug to may as they break up next month.
Unfortunately I am unable to visit a dentist as my husband had to wait a year for benefits at his new job and those will kick in in August of this year.

I went to the dr this afternoon and wasnt really happy with his opinion, he said it wasnt my teeth and sounded like classic example of IBs he said to go to the lab and get blood work done and if that comes back normal he will put me on antidepressnts to cure the IBs.

But in my opinion I think my teeth are so bad that I am possibly ingesting toxins into my stomach everyday.

I guess I will get the blood test done and just wait for my benefits to kick in in August, I dont really have much choice.

Old 05-19-2011, 10:43 AM   #4
(female)

Dianatlol HB UserDianatlol HB User

I would get to a dentist and fast!! Most will allow payments. It's worth your life!

Old 05-19-2011, 10:49 AM   #5
(female)

mollyjo76 HB User

Oh I never thought to see if they would accept payments! Thank you for the advice I will call around today and see if I can get a dentist that will let me do that.

Closed Thread