It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2011, 09:03 AM   #1
(female)

radeksgrl HB User
Gum graft, still having pain more than 2 months after surgery

I had gum graft on tooth #8 on March 17, 2011 (using harvested tissue from the roof of my mouth). I had a dental implant installed on this tooth in 2005, and as a result of this process I had gum loss and recession, hence the need for the gum graft. Prior to the graft I wasnít experiencing any pain, it was more about addressing the gum recession and adding some additional tissue protection for the implant.

However, this tooth has now been hurting ever since the gum graft surgery. I last saw my perio who performed the gum graft on May 5. The swelling had gone down and he said the graft was healing well. So, I asked him why am I still having pain? He said that if I had pain it had nothing to do with the graft he did and that I should go see my general dentist. I think that it would be quite an unbelievable coincidence for tooth #8 to have constant pain from something totally unrelated to the gum graft procedure that was performed, especially since there was no pain at all in the area of this tooth prior to the graft procedure.

Has anyone had an experience like this? Any recommendations?

Closed Thread

Tags
complications, gum graft, pain, post-op