It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2011, 11:20 PM   #1
(male)

Michael Miller HB User
Red face Weird extra layer-like feeling behind teeth

Hi folks,

I'm really not sure how to describe this, but two of my upper teeth, the lateral incisors (yeah, I had to look it up so you dental people could understand :P) each have a weird extra layer of tooth-like part in the back that seems to be coming down from the gums. So when I feel those two teeth in the back with my tongue (near the gums), it feels like there's another tooth or something that's attached in the back to each of the lateral incisors. It feels like the surface on the back of those two teeth are uneven at the gum line.

Why do I have those layers or whatever they are? Sorry, it's extremely hard to describe it, and I don't blame you if you aren't able to picture it.

EDIT: Added a picture below. No need to criticize my horrible doodling :P

http://i56.tinypic.com/25sbywi.png

Last edited by Michael Miller; 06-13-2011 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Added a picture :D

Old 06-14-2011, 12:05 AM   #2
(female)

armywife2007 HB Userarmywife2007 HB Userarmywife2007 HB Userarmywife2007 HB User
Re: Weird extra layer-like feeling behind teeth

I had to admit that the drawing was a little confusing. But after a few minutes I was able to see what you are talking about. Unfortunately, I don't know what it could be. When was the last time that you have been to the dentist and had a x-ray done. I would recommend that you make an appointment if it has been a while and ask a dentist.

The Following User Says Thank You to armywife2007 For This Useful Post:
Michael Miller (06-14-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2011, 12:15 AM   #3
(male)

Michael Miller HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by armywife2007 View Post
I had to admit that the drawing was a little confusing. But after a few minutes I was able to see what you are talking about. Unfortunately, I don't know what it could be. When was the last time that you have been to the dentist and had a x-ray done. I would recommend that you make an appointment if it has been a while and ask a dentist.
Yeah, it does look confusing. Gotta take a few looks :P

I had a dental checkup last year, after Christmas but before New Year's Eve. I had to take that date because I was moving out-of-state for college in January.

I'm back home for the summer, so I might as well pay the dentist a visit.

Thanks for your response!

Old 06-14-2011, 08:37 PM   #4
(male)

dknight211 HB Userdknight211 HB User

If you have a small mirror or one of those plastic handheld dental mirrors on a stick (pretty cheap and readily available), you could stand in front of the bathroom mirror to be able to take a look at what those extra layers might be.

I find it useful to have the small plastic dental mirror on hand because it's a good practice to take a look at your teeth and gums once in a while, to catch any apparent developing cavities or gum issues (or even see stuck food!)

Old 06-14-2011, 09:30 PM   #5
(female)

armywife2007 HB Userarmywife2007 HB Userarmywife2007 HB Userarmywife2007 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dknight211 View Post
If you have a small mirror or one of those plastic handheld dental mirrors on a stick (pretty cheap and readily available), you could stand in front of the bathroom mirror to be able to take a look at what those extra layers might be.

I find it useful to have the small plastic dental mirror on hand because it's a good practice to take a look at your teeth and gums once in a while, to catch any apparent developing cavities or gum issues (or even see stuck food!)

I know this is a little off subject, but I love my little dental mirror.

That is a good idea.

Old 05-10-2012, 03:17 PM   #6
(female)

jessica jessica HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Miller View Post
Yeah, it does look confusing. Gotta take a few looks :P

I had a dental checkup last year, after Christmas but before New Year's Eve. I had to take that date because I was moving out-of-state for college in January.

I'm back home for the summer, so I might as well pay the dentist a visit.

Thanks for your response!
Hi! Did you find out what it was? I have the exact same feeling behind my teeth!

Closed Thread