It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2011, 03:54 PM   #1
(female)

Heartsdesire100 HB User
White pimple like bump on roof of mouth

On friday i started feeling pain in my mouth, then later on in the day a bump formed. it was hard and hurt to touch. I went to the dr and he said it was irritation from hard bread or from sucking on something. He gave me a prescription for Benzydamine to take for a week. Today i noticed it had formed a white tip and became more painful. later i drank some cold water and it started loosening and popped.

I have never had something like this before and i dont smoke. I was diagnosed with gallstones in june and have to have surgery in august.

When it popped there was a little puss and then a clear liquid mixed with some blood. i spat it all out and washed my mouth out with mouthwash.
I'm going to see the dentist this week and i just wanna know if anyone has any ideas.

I have attached some before and after photos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SDC16941.jpg (33.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg SDC16948.JPG (82.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg SDC16953.jpg (36.9 KB, 11 views)

Old 07-09-2011, 01:27 AM   #2
(female)

Elizabetho HB UserElizabetho HB UserElizabetho HB UserElizabetho HB User
Re: White pimple like bump on roof of mouth

you almost certainly have an abcessed tooth. it has been probably been going on a long time (that is, the tooth pulp/nreve died a long time ago). sometimes there won't be pain for days, months, maybe even years. then wham! the infection in the pulp gets out of control and the pus tried to tunnel out of the tooth. the path of least resistance is often through the bone and the result is the little white dot(s) you disturbed. your dentist will test to see which tooth it is, then you can decide it you want it repaired (root canal) or extracted. i'm surprised you're not i more pain than you are given the level of swelling, but that is the unpredictable nature of chronic dental infections. you may wind up with 10 days of antibiotic too, just to be on the safe side, if the tooth can't be easily drained and you decide you want to keep it. hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread