It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2011, 06:06 PM   #1
(female)

kdinovo HB User
White bump on roof of mouth

I have a white bump in the back of the roof of my mouth, near my throat. It keeps recurring, every week or month. It does not hurt, but drives me crazy. I always pop it and white pus comes out. Then it's gone from anywhere from a few days to a month, but it always comes back. What is this? I'm so scared about cancer. It's all I think about. If someone could reassure me, I'd be very grateful.

Old 07-16-2011, 12:32 AM   #2
(female)

Elizabetho HB UserElizabetho HB UserElizabetho HB UserElizabetho HB User
Smile Re: White bump on roof of mouth

recurring pus is almost certainly NOT consistent with cancer as you describe here. please immediately let out a long sigh of relief on this one! however, you do need to go to the doctor or dentist to clear up the chronic (almost certainly bacterial) infection you have acquired.

since you did not mention gagging while getting rid of the pus, i assume it is on the true hard palate. that would probably be best treated by a dentist. if it is further back than the hard palate, or off to one of the sides, i'd go to a doctor.

it is a low grade but recurrent chronic condition very unlikely to clear itself up by now, and could get worse and harder to treat. this is a smart bug you have that is outfoxing your immune system.

if it is to one of the sides and is definately on the hard palate, this is probably a chronic tooth abcess and you will be tested to identify which tooth is the culprit. that will mean a root canal if you wish to save the tooth or an extraction if you don't. the wound will be irrigated and antibiotics prescribed. on the other hand, if it is dead center on the roof of the mouth, it could be a couple of things, an infected tooth and possible sinus involvement at this point.

so relax but i wouldn't let it slide. be sure to finish every last pill if they are prescribed -- that's important. good luck and you'll be better soon!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2011, 04:49 AM   #3
(female)

kdinovo HB User
Re: White bump on roof of mouth

Thanks Elizabeth. I'm feeling better already!

Old 07-16-2011, 11:02 PM   #4
(female)

Elizabetho HB UserElizabetho HB UserElizabetho HB UserElizabetho HB User
Re: White bump on roof of mouth

super! glad to help. good luck

Closed Thread