It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2011, 12:53 PM   #1
(male)

squallloire HB User
Severe Pain After Extraction - Opposite Side

Hi there,

Recently had a lower-right wisdom extraction as the tooth was decaying and starting to develop an infection. Thankfully, I appeared to have prevented any spread of infection by switching to a Chlorhexidine mouthwash when the pain started.

A couple of days after the extraction, and I've begun to experience a slight swelling and a severe, throbbing pain on the left side of my jaw that I can feel even through Co-Codamol and Ibubrofen, that resonates up into my ear if I don't take the meds; the pain wasn't there before the extraction.

This concerns me as the pain is quite similar to that of the rotted wisdom on the right - but both wisdom teeth have already been removed on the left side due to being impacted. I'm applying a warm washcloth to the left side and rinsing with warm salt water regularly, but it's having minimal effect right now.

Should I be immediately concerned and get back to my dentist, or wait to see if symptoms ease off having been a result of the extraction?

Update: possibly wrong about lower left wisdom, feels like it may still be there under the gum & impacted. Possible cause?

Last edited by squallloire; 09-02-2011 at 09:07 PM.

Closed Thread