It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2011, 07:25 PM   #1
(female)

Rocketsredglare HB User
Unhappy wisdom tooth removal and sleep apnea

hi all
I have sleep apnea and the oral surgeon uses general anethesia where you breathe on your own during it. Im worried about my sleep apnea making me stop breathing and no way to wake up.Anyone have this issue ?

Old 09-08-2011, 02:58 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

riptoff HB Userriptoff HB Userriptoff HB Userriptoff HB Userriptoff HB User
Re: wisdom tooth removal and sleep apnea

The anesthesiologist will take all necessary precautions, so relax and try not to worry.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2011, 01:29 PM   #3
(female)

Rocketsredglare HB User
Re: wisdom tooth removal and sleep apnea

thanks for the reply ! I worry about everything. I stop breathing nightly

Old 09-23-2011, 10:43 AM   #4
(female)

Rocketsredglare HB User
Re: wisdom tooth removal and sleep apnea and good wisdome tooth story

here's an update on what happened...
Went for physical first to make myself feel better (i was overdue anyway)
Found out that my sleep apnea is more of a sleep disorder due to anxiety and got a referral. Doctor told me not to worry about the anethesia.

Went in for Wisdom tooth removal yesterday morning. Yes I was anxious ! i bought along ipod.and 2 diaper wipes so i could have something to hold and wipe my forehead if i got nervous. They let me listen to the music till i went to sleep.

I had a pulse oximeter on my finger,stethoscope taped to my neck, ekg pads on chest, bp cuff to do bp every 5 min. iv of fluids to start out with and oxygen. I didnt like the sound of the laughing gas after reading the internet (what doesnt scare a person on the internet these days ? ) so i told him to use very little. It made me chest feel hot and i was told that was anxiety otherwise made me relaxed. The doctor had 3 assistants in the room so i felt well monitored.

That was all i remember. I came to in a regular chair in the recovery room. The mind amnesia is so complete that I was told I walked there remembering nothing.Not even having ekg pads or tape pulled off. Husband was there which was good since any directions i would of forgotten. We sat maybe 15 min then i was allowed to go home. I was even given a pint a ice cream to take home. Along with a bunch of gaunze pads. vicodin rx etc.

Took advil as soon as i got home, mouth was numb but not nearly as bad as i thought it would be. I had one lower tooth removed. no chin numbness or lip numbness, it wore off in 5 hours. took a vicodin first. took something every 4 hours. kept the ice on . bleeding stopped after 7 hours. Ate pudding,and yogurt so far.

NO PAIN YET !

Closed Thread