It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2011, 05:26 PM   #1
(female)

weaver02 HB Userweaver02 HB Userweaver02 HB User
Unhappy Pain where my wisdom teeth use to be.

When I was 14 I went to the doctor because I had pain where my wisdom teeth were. The doctor asked “if I smoked” and I said “yes” and he automatically said “it was from smoking”. There was a puss bobble that he drained and told me to “stop smoking”. Well I didn’t stop smoking because I didn’t believe it was that. Off and on I had pain there that would hurt really badly. I stop smoking when I was 20 and went to have my wisdom teeth remove. Thinking it was the wisdom teeth that were causing my pain. Well it still hurts and I am now 31. I can’t sleep sometimes at night because of the pain. I was poor growing up so my parents wouldn’t take me to the dentist or doctor unless I was in really bad pain and sometimes not even then. When I got married I was able to see the dentist and I got my wisdom teeth pulled and cavities filled, this is when I was 21. The dentist says I have healthy teeth and gums when I go and get my teeth check and cleaned. I go to the dentist every 6 months (my insurance pays for it) I thought when I got my wisdom teeth pulled the pain will go away, but it didn’t. Every time I go to the dentist it isn’t hurting so I forget or I just believe it isn’t a dentist related problem because they say my gums and teeth are healthy. Do I see a doctor for this or a dentist? It is getting worse. I thought it was my partial, so I started keeping it out unless I am eating, but no change. So does anyone have any ideas? Or anyone had gone through this too? Sorry so long.

Hysterectomy
Appendectomy
Cholecystectomy
Sinus surgery
Tonsillectomy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2011, 05:25 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: Pain where my wisdom teeth use to be.

Do you think it may actually be your jaw that is hurting you?

Old 10-01-2011, 11:53 AM   #3
(female)

weaver02 HB Userweaver02 HB Userweaver02 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by slenderella View Post
Do you think it may actually be your jaw that is hurting you?
When I push a little on the gum there it hurts worse. When I eat something like chips or anything hard on that side it makes it worse, so I try not to chew on that side. The pain will get bad for a few days and the pain lessen for a few days but still when I chew on that side, when it’s less painful it irritates it. I see the dentist on Oct.27 but it's a long while from now. I am just trying to find out if anyone had this before or going through it now and if the dentist can help or a doctor.

Hysterectomy
Appendectomy
Cholecystectomy
Sinus surgery
Tonsillectomy

Old 10-01-2011, 01:55 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User

Wish I could help. In the meanwhile, it can't hurt for you to rinse your mouth with warm saltwater to maybe help your gums.

The Following User Says Thank You to slenderella For This Useful Post:
weaver02 (10-01-2011)
Closed Thread